Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

What does the First World War mean to you?

Article about: My Grandfather having his ankle shot away at the Somme, disabled for life in an instant. He was relatively lucky though. Andy

?

Default Re: What does the First World War mean to you?

Quote by Cameron Stockton View Post
    Hi

I wouldn't go as far to say what Chris said was insensitive. He was just voicing a opinion.

Cameron
    I would and I agree with it being deleted before this thread turns to a pissing match.
    Regards,
    John

Quote by Cameron Stockton View Post
    Hi

My apologies.

Cameron
    Cameron

My sincere apologies, I thought anybody under 16 were not allowed on the forum,

Cheers
    M

Quote by Totenhead View Post
    Cameron

My sincere apologies, I thought anybody under 16 were not allowed on the forum,

Cheers
    M
    Hi

No hard feelings mate.

Cameron

?

The age of members is irrelevant in some cases. We have younger members who can conduct themselves in a more adult manner than many adults here. There have also been some younger members who's attitude has been embarrassing and therefore they are sent away.

There is no blanket ban on any under 18 year old, each case and member is judged upon their own merit.

If you have any reason to question the validity of a member here I suggest it is done by private message to a member of the forum staff, not posted on an open thread. This behaviour is divisive and is not what we wish to see here.

All members participation and conduct is scrutinized by the forum staff and age is not a factor in deciding on your continuing membership.

Please take note of my comments and take a look at yourself before speaking out against others.

This thread is being closely watched as it seems to have gone away from it's intended purpose. State what the Great War means to you and do not let it devolve into an argument about who it should mean more to.

This is the only warning that will be issued. Take heed or it will be closed and any members judged to have crossed the line will be suspended.
    Last edited by Adrian; 02-09-2013 at 05:36 PM.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Adrian

My apologies, I assumed mistakenly that under 16's were not allowed on the forum

The demise of history in the educational system leads to ignorance of what has happened in the past. thirty years ago, I was having a conversation with a young Japanese following a meeting of his Japanese Sword Club in Kyoto. He thought the Imperial Japanese Army fought on the same side as the Americans against German facism. Without accurate teaching of history, our young learn their history from television and movies, which is quite scary when one thinks about it.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

In 1977, I spoke with a young high school kid who said that the US won the Viet Nam War and then came home. I asked him where he got That idea from and he handed me his school book. I looked in his History book, and sure enough-that's what it said....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

This thread has now gone over the edge and into the realms of fantasy now. There are too many comments which have no bearing on the intended purpose of the thread and therefore I am shutting it down before too many comments get made and too many people get offended.

Thank you to all who participated but the subject is now unfortunately closed.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Although the thread has been quite rightly closed i want to add this thought in the hope that the culprits can take it on board , it's very disappointing that this interesting discussion has been completely disrupted , if members have nothing constructive to add to a topic like this then don't bother posting anything at all !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8