Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

What in the name of....

Article about: Hello folks. Doing some browsing on eBay this evening, and I come across this. Thought it must have been a joke at first, but the seller seems to genuinely believe it has a chance. I don't e

Default What in the name of....

Hello folks.

Doing some browsing on eBay this evening, and I come across this. Thought it must have been a joke at first, but the seller seems to genuinely believe it has a chance. I don't even know where to begin with this one. I'll let the photos do the talking.

s-l1600 (54).jpgs-l1600 (55).jpg

Seller's description:

I found this interesting piece while doing a house clearance job at the weekend - (it was among a box of other bits and pieces which I will be listing shortly)

It is in the form of a brass iron cross design and has a silver coloured eagle in the centre and stamped 1939 as shown in my pictures

Due to the iron cross design and the eagle- I’m guessing that it’s some kind of WW2 German badge or medal

There are two lugs at the back where it looks like a pin was one attached also shown in my pictures

There are various marks etc on the item which makes me think that it has been worn

The cross is approximately 44 mm x 44 mm as displayed in my pictures

I have tried briefly searching online for some information but couldn’t find anything

And the link to the auction: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mystery-W...YAAOSwFyhaJaWg

Regards, B.B.

MAP
    ?

I don't have one on me now but that eagle is from a US 25 cent coin

Either way it is real alright. A "Real" piece of junk
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

WOW somebody ruined a good quarter with that hack job!!!! Now it's not even worth 25 cents!!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

I would have loved one of those as a kid running around playing army in the empty lots and junkyards. I always wanted to be the Jerries because they had cooler uniforms an mp 40's., but a Picklehaube and sword would do too !