Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast

what is the oldest item you have in your collection?

Article about: I too have a small collection of fossils etc. But in terms of militaria the oldest item I have is probably a Napoleonic era British Artillery button that came in a box of odds at auction. Th

My 1856 British sabre bayonet sword image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Interesting items guys!

Not the oldest items in my collection, that would be a bracelett fron the early bronze age, but this is also pretty old; I found these artifacts yesterday, near a Roman military outpost. They are a Roman bronze fibula, and some Roman tiles and and a large piece of a amphora. Going back down there tomorrow!
    Attached Images Attached Images

only a small personal item but glad to have in my collection ,my great grandfathers 303 lewis gun clearing tool002.jpgh.jpg

Quote by Feuerbach View Post
    Not the oldest items in my collection, that would be a bracelett fron the early bronze age, but this is also pretty old; I found these artifacts yesterday, near a Roman military outpost. They are a Roman bronze fibula, and some Roman tiles and and a large piece of a amphora. Going back down there tomorrow!
    You can call some archaeologists to pick up those items
    you can also donate your finds into a museum!

Quote by James C View Post
    only a small personal item but glad to have in my collection ,my great grandfathers 303 lewis gun clearing tool002.jpgh.jpg
    Interesting little piece of family item you have there James

thank you GM i had to contribute in some way to your interesting thread albiet a small contribution

?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Difficult to date accurately but my 2 canteen rings (one found in SS positions in North Karelia) are thought to date from the late 1920s, possibly with a Freikorps connection.

Attachment 561092
    I think they are SS related, as much seen ( may be 6-7 of them) all the battlefield found in SS positions, mostly first 3 divisions which was SS-VT. May be such a kind of SS fashion in pre war years
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Quote by James C View Post
    thank you GM i had to contribute in some way to your interesting thread albiet a small contribution
    hehehe
    i cannot enlarge the picture does it have any dates on it?

?

Quote by herrzark View Post
    sadly in many countries they are all legal.only here in Greece we can not buy ancient items, even an old tiny coin.not more items...seen what it is sold in ebay.that is very wrong.dont want to buy a great collection.only a tiny coi
    That is due prevent the selling ancient drahmas, and prevent hunting for them
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast