Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

what is the oldest item you have in your collection?

Article about: I too have a small collection of fossils etc. But in terms of militaria the oldest item I have is probably a Napoleonic era British Artillery button that came in a box of odds at auction. Th

Oh i almost forgot my Crimean medal
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

And the oldest items i have are non militaria related, but 3 coins from the Byzantine empire.
    The oldest one is the small, gold coin depicting emperor Fokas with his 2 sons from 6th century A.D.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Great coins! Did you buy them or dig them up yourself?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Great coins! Did you buy them or dig them up yourself?
    Thanks Glenn. No i bought them from ebay years ago.
    Now i need to find a coins forum to authenticate them although i am quite confident that they are ok
    I have David Sear's book "Byzantine coins and their value" and i found that the golden one is listed in there showing the correct features.

Mine is not so old, a 1914 Dragoon (not M91) made at Izhevsk for the Tsar, captured by the Germans, obtained by the Finns and then returned to service against the Soviets. It maintains its original solid rounded barrel bands and stock, but at some point the upper handguard has been replaced with a 91/30 type (an original should extend around the sizes of the older style rear site).

This year is its 100th birthday.

?

1916 SMLE made by London Small Arms, 2nd oldest would be a 1922 DWM Model 22 pistol, and third a 1932 Enfield No 2 Mk 1.

Non militaria related; a 1911 penny of some sort. Swiss I think.

Quote by don_kihotis7 View Post
    And the oldest items i have are non militaria related, but 3 coins from the Byzantine empire.
    The oldest one is the small, gold coin depicting emperor Fokas with his 2 sons from 6th century A.D.
    I really like these coins hope they are original!!!

Quote by don_kihotis7 View Post
    Thanks Glenn. No i bought them from ebay years ago.
    Now i need to find a coins forum to authenticate them although i am quite confident that they are ok
    I have David Sear's book "Byzantine coins and their value" and i found that the golden one is listed in there showing the correct features.
    Τhe coins are amazing Chris..ebay has many old coins..dont know if they are original but so many they are i dont know if someone want to make fake ones.they are not german helmets .xaxaxa.Here in Greece i dont know if we can buy byzantine coins.For sure it is not allowed ancient coins.

I collect coins also.
    My oldest one is a British half penny found in my garden from 1697's
    I also have a Greek 1869 coin.
    Militaria wise my oldest is 1914, but i have my eyes on a crimean medal so that might change

Ι have to coins.mainly greek.i have one from 1830.(the oldest i have) wanted and older but dont know if it is legal in my country (kow only that ancient items ar illegal)

Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast