Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

What would you do ?

Article about: Gday all, Noticed something in the classifieds last night.I will not name the item but this particular piece of militatia was highly under valued due to mis-identification. This particular i

Default What would you do ?

Gday all,
    Noticed something in the classifieds last night.I will not name the item but this particular piece of militatia was highly under valued due to mis-identification.
    This particular item did sell with-in half an hour.
    Would you offer to purchase an item from a member if you know they got it wrong?(identifcation and price).Would you tell them the truth?
    I realise that it's the owners responsibility to correctly identify their items but we all get it wrong sometimes.
    Just wondering what other's would have done.
    Cheers all
    Dave
    Last edited by Walkwolf; 04-05-2012 at 05:36 AM.

?

Default re: What would you do ?

I might have PM'd the member just to make sure they had the right description and hadn't mistakenly put something up by mistake....

That's just what I'd do!!

it has happened before with other item i can recall. I would say leave it up to the seller. There is plenty of sources to get correct pricing.

If some one needs identification the forum here to help.

?

I believe my conscience wouldn't let me sleep, if I didn't alert somebody to a mistake that they were possibly about to make.

This item was around 1/6 of it's value due to mis-identification.
    I did send a message to the seller but the item was already sold by that time.
    Who would have informed the seller of his mistake,not fish but tell them straight?
    I think we on this forum should look after each other (members) in hindsite and help by passing on the information that,s required by the seller to get a true price (this bloke is not a retail seller)or do I just have a moral issue in my own head.
    Someone on this forum got a bargin last night.

I look at this site/forum as more of a community than just an auction sight, such as eBay. Me personally, I thing I'd loose too much sleep if I didn't at least PM the seller.

The folks I have bought from on here usually know more about the items than I do. I compare prices using the internet, but If I saw something way out of sorts, I would ask a moderator to get involved and take a look. I don't like to cheat people as much as I don't like to be cheated!

Regards,

Sam

I saw the same item, and although it was a 'cut-down' version that had been
    altered, it was extremely undervalued - I even thought of buying it myself !

However, I believe that there are a lot of sellers in the classified section of
    the Forum who are here for the sole purpose of making money and are
    not at all interested in discussions or the history of their wares - so it
    works both ways, really. In this case the seller should have known
    the value of his items..........
    Regards,

Steve.

That's the item Steve

Just as we have to be on our guard for fakes and repros, a seller
    should be aware of what his pieces are worth.

Had this guy been at all interested in what he had, and posted
    it into the regular Forum for discussion first, he then would
    have been able to realise a better price..........
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast