Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast

What are you currently reading?

Article about: I always enjoy stumbling on good books that I haven't read or noticed before. Please share the book or books that you are currently reading . I'm sorry if a thread of this sort has already b

?

Acutally i read " Le mystère du Maréchal" le procès Pétain
    About the Pétain trial. Published in 1945.

IMG_2326.JPG

A present from my father, he received it from my grand mother when my grand father passed away.

Just picked this up, look forward to reading it before my trip to St.Nazaire
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Helmets of The ETO

I just picked up this interesting book at the used book store in exc condition, lots of nice photos

IMG_20160301_1849488.jpg
    About to start this one...

Screenshot_2016-03-01-18-52-47.jpg
    IMG_20160301_1851269.jpg

And my amazon echo reads me the digital verson of this one while I clean the guns in my war room on lazy Sundays.
    We have met the enemy and have learned nothing more about him. I have, however, learned some things about myself. There are things men can do to one another that are sobering to the soul. It is one thing to reconcile these things with God, but another to square it with yourself. - Robert Leckie

Life and Fate by Vassily Grossman.Great read about events centred on Stalingrad.

418T3bf3AVL._SX326_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

?

I just finished "Ardennes 1944", by Anthony Beevor. I enjoyed his other books, but I must say that this one was not a compelling read, IMHO.

BobS

My current read.

Luke162.jpg

Quote by BobS View Post
    I just finished "Ardennes 1944", by Anthony Beevor. I enjoyed his other books, but I must say that this one was not a compelling read, IMHO.

BobS
    Good to get a review of this. I almost grabbed a copy recently and I am glad I passed on it
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by BobS View Post

BobS
    I bought it and read it before Christmas, £7 from Tesco, I thought it was ok, quite interesting. I found the information regarding the relationship between Monty and Bradley quite amusing. Perhaps the subject matter is not as compelling as the other subjects he writes about, I thought it was worth the read
    I am hoping to visit the Ardennes before Christmas this year to get a feel for what it was like at that time

Cheers

My current reading, I am off to Guernsey for the Bank Holiday Weekend

Cheers