Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 9 of 47 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast

What are you currently reading?

Article about: I always enjoy stumbling on good books that I haven't read or noticed before. Please share the book or books that you are currently reading . I'm sorry if a thread of this sort has already b

i just finished Wolfram: The Boy Who Went to War
    very good book i liked it

I have finished it to.It was an interesting book..Now i am reading Steven Pressfield ''The Virtues of War'' with Great Alexander

Just downloaded digital copy of:

The Consciousness of the Atom: In Seven Lectures by Alice A. Bailey (1922).

Screen Shot 2014-08-27 at 14.02.41.png
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

?

Quote by helmetone View Post
    Enjoying this one so far. Just finished Blood Red Snow.

Attachment 732137
    I read this one years ago; quite a good account.

BobS

?

Quote by Anon View Post
    Redcoat: The British Soldier in the Age of Horse and Musket by Richard Holmes another military author who has passed away in recent years.

Richard Holmes was one of Britain's most successful historians and television presenters. Author of the best-selling Tommy, Redcoat and Wellington: The Iron Duke, he has also written and presented television series for the BBC. As well as serving in the TA, he taught military history at Sandhurst and, latterly, as Professor of Military and Security Studies at Cranfield University and the Royal Military College of Science. Richard Holmes died suddenly on 30 April 2011 from pneumonia, aged 65.

Redcoat: The British Soldier in the Age of Horse and Musket: Amazon.co.uk: Richard Holmes: Books
    I always enjoyed Holmes' books, and have quite a few of them. Very sad he died at such a young age; the same as I am now!!
    He did accomplish much in his life, however, and was he not a Brigadier in the TAVR?

BobS

?

I'm finally finishing Volume III of " The Last Lion", William Manchester's biography of Winston Churchill.
    Just started " Jagdgeschwader 5 ", about the Luftwaffe's Polar Sea fighter wing. Recently finished " Disaster at Stalingrad" by Peter Tsouras; an intriguing alternate history.

BobS

4md
    ?

Being 100 years this month I started reading Paul Hams 1914, enjoying it so far. I might even read The Guns Of August again.
    Attached Images Attached Images

?

On the plane back to Mindanao i enjoyed reading Jonathan Triggs:

Hitlers Jihadis- Muslim Volunteers of the Waffen SS

An interesting book, that covers some of my field of collecting.

Default Stom of Steel- For the 5th Time

IMG_6860.jpgPublisher Comments:
    Storm Of Steel by Ernst Junger

For the 5th Time

1916 Iron Cross (1914 ) II and I. Class
    1917 Prussian House Order of Hohenzollern Knight's Cross with Swords
    1918 Wound Badge (1918 ) in Gold
    1918 Pour le Mérite ( military class)
    1939 Clasp to the Iron Cross Second Class
    UNREAL,BEYOND WORDS! In my opinon the most details ww1 combat in existance! even the cover is cool.

from publisher"A memoir of astonishing power, savagery, and ashen lyricism, Storm of Steel illuminates not only the horrors but also the fascination of total war, seen through the eyes of an ordinary German soldier. Young, tough, patriotic, but also disturbingly self-aware, Jünger exulted in the Great War, which he saw not just as a great national conflict but—more importantly—as a unique personal struggle. Leading raiding parties, defending trenches against murderous British incursions, simply enduring as shells tore his comrades apart, Jünger kept testing himself, braced for the death that will mark his failure.

Page 9 of 47 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast