Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

What is your favorite subject or time period in history besides WWI and WWII?

Article about: Hello, I am interested by the History and People of Thibet. Now, it's hard to go to this country, it's hard for me!

Default Re: What is your favorite subject or time period in history besides WWI and WWII?

Hello, I am interested by the History and People of Thibet. Now, it's hard to go to this country, it's hard for me!

?

Default Re: What is your favorite subject or time period in history besides WWI and WWII?

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    Saxon and Viking history for me. There is loads of it around here

Nick
    Ditto Nick i love learning as much as i can about the Saxons and Vikings , detecting at Stamford Bridge if only ............ !!! Native American History as well
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

I love all history (big surprise there! ) but in particular I like the Neolithic and ancient Egypt and Rome.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

The Dutch East India Company (VOC), Australian convict history and the Bushrangers of the 19th century, especially the story of the Kelly gang.

?

Ancient Egypt and the Roman Empire for me.

I guess as a child reading about the gladiators and the games in Rome and the Egyptian mummies was enough to instill a fascination for me!

I go with adrian.my place in cyprus is connected to egypt and rome. the only thing old I have there is a roman ballista ball or a stone cannonball.the experts cannot makeup their minds which.

1960's Muscle cars
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

I love the Civil War and collect a lot of relics from it. I did see some AWESOME Egyptian, Roman and Greek displays at the Met in Manhattan yesterday. VERY cool artifacts.

The Roaring 20s during the prohibition period. The Rise of Atlantic City and the Philadelphia mob connection.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Rome and and her legions. and her mordern towns and citys they inveted concrete and poored it under water. spartacus was a tough man too. isambard k brunel was a intresting man too

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast