Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

What Was Your First Fake?

Article about: t When i was a 13yr old snotty little kid a regular haunt of mine was The Angel at Islington every Saturday, on one of the stalls there was a nice looking pole eagle in a lovely looking gold

Default Re: What Was Your First Fake?

1939 Iron cross 1st class. I bought it from a popular military mail order company in the late 1970s. When I opened the package, I couldn't beleive how bad it looked.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Gun collecting can be rough.I have made a few mistakes along the way.Luckily I was able to get out of most of them thanks to fellow collectors advice.This is not my first fake but my BIGEST.A $12,000 sniper rifle that turned out to be a "humper".I did get my money back but I had a sleepless night
    Attached Images Attached Images

?

My first was a SS steel buckle, I was 15 so didnt know anything at that time

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    1939 Iron cross 1st class. I bought it from a popular military mail order company in the late 1970s. When I opened the package, I couldn't beleive how bad it looked.
    So you have always been in to the iron crosse's!!?
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

12th SS Panzer Hitlerjugend cuff title from a garage sale. Paid 25usd for it. I don't have it anymore it went to a guy named Roland Smith back in the 80s who probably sold it as real to someone else. I've heard lots of horror stories of him selling fakes for high money a long time ago. First and last SS type item for me.

?

Mine was a Minty M1923 Colt double magazine pouch, purchased long before U.S. web gear repro's were common place (early 90's) I found out years afterwards that the pouch came from a dealer that made film props, however it was sold to me as the real deal and not a reproduction. However now looking back, there was a couple of things that should have alerted me to the fact it was not genuine.

Nige.
    "Now, I've designed this like a collapsing bag ! "

H.A. PKA in bronze. Two hours later i'd sussed it & got my money back. Stewy S

?

The dealer said it's a 100% original Afrika Korps helmet so, I bought it... It turned out to be a 100% post war border guard lid. 'Nuff said.

First one was a party badge.

Last one, a boxed Juncker pilot......
    I cannot afford $1,500 for a genuine example ! !
    Attached Images Attached Images

?

I think mine was an m42 km helmet from a guy in austria on ebay,bad liner bad paint and decal,,not much was going for it really,apart from my £200 and it wasnt the last after that two ek2s that luckily i took back to the dealer and after nearly throttling him he paid up, rgds Dave

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast