Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

What was your first item?

Article about: A karneth kvk2 with swords and a Wiedmann ostmedaille.

Default What was your first item?

Hey everyone,

Being the Nosey person i am, i'm just wondering what everyone's first piece of militaria was and how you came about it?

There may be a thread on this already but i cant find one so i thought id ask anyway. If this is a duplicate question, feel free to delete it!

Default Re: What was your first item?

Mine was a 40mm 2 Pounder practice Anti-Tank round that my grandfather used pre-war I think, he was TA before and after the war, during the war was 71st Anti-Tank Regiment, 53rd Welsh Infantry Division, there is a picture of him on my profile page Thats when this illness began ! haha

The first item i actually bought was a trench art bowl for James for valentines day. He used to do quite well from me actually until i started to keep all the things i originally bought for him

A 1937 dated German gas mask canister when i was about 14, i've still got it now!...
    It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers.

I'm Spartacus, not really i'm Paul!...

I actually think it was my 1936 Heer officer´s tunic. I bought it in the summer of 2010. I cannot remember where or how I found it, but it had to be mine. Unfortunately I bought it from someone who tried to rip me off but his attempt was stopped.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Little Mermaid; 03-16-2013 at 12:41 AM.

Good start to a collection!

I bought a EK2 and war merit medals

It was a US civil war Minnie ball. I think it came from Gettysburg. Might have been Antietam.

My first piece was a US ammo box I got at an surplus store when I was about 10 years old. It is probably laying somewhere out in the woods near my parent's house. I also got a Vietnam service medal when I was very young, I can't remember if it was before or after the ammo box. My next piece was a Czech bayonet that my younger brother gave me about 4 years ago. I no longer have any of these.

My first piece that got me into collecting was an M34 German Fireman helmet that I got in an antique store in the summer of 2011. I've been collecting ever since, mostly German helmets.

It was this thing, the case was dug up by my brother in about 1970. I eventually restored it with some authentic and some repro parts.

I think it's just the base plug thats a repro now, (and the fake fuze of course) but as its marked with the same maker as the shell, I'll leave it there.
    Best Regards,

[/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast