Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

What is your holy grail of militaria?

Article about: Hello Poromies Here is the link: http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/steel-...-helmet-23835/ Regards Brett

Zhukov´s Victory Stars (you can´t split them up, can you?)

Hi all, btw!

?

Thanks for bringing this thread to life again.

My current "want to have" item must be an untouched complete Cossack uniform w cossack collartabs and cossack trousers.

I am trying to set goals that are possible for me to reach, so they will not continue to be just a dream.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Double decal Heer Stahlhelm, complete liner, decals are distinguishable (I do not care if they are faded or not), along with other personal belongings of the soldier who wore it, whether is be pictures, documentation, uniform parts, rifle. But the main piece being the helmet.. That or a kubelwagen.. Preferably used in The Downfall Of Berlin.. If that even still exists.

A hand signed AH document would be my goal, alongside an AH possession. Hope I can win the lottery one day !!
    Regards
    Paul

Quote by Stinkpotpete View Post
    An 1873 cavalry carbine used on the Little Bighorn battlefield.
    Paul,
    I saw one of these for sale last year at the spring gun show at the Fairgrounds Coliseum.
    Full documentation and cost nearly as much as my house.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

If I could have absolutely anything, it would have to be an original STG-44. Unfortunately, with the EU spec now in force, they have all disappeared off the collectors' market. A shame, as it was something I could once have feasibly saved for. So more of a pipe dream for me, rather than something I'll ever be able to actually obtain.

B.B.

I am easy to please, an untouched SS dagger or visor of any maker, please remember this as you re write your wills

"If I could have absolutely anything, it would have to be an original STG-44."

You need to go to Syria BB. A couple of years ago a small news report of the Syrian civil war mentioned 5,000 stg44's looted from the Syrian Army base at such and such town and no doubt later used by "rebels" or ISIS. Syria acquired a lot of ex-German WW2 arms via the Soviet Bloc in the 1950's, including at one time Panther tanks. The stg44's were reserve arms stored by the Syrian army, they may emerge on the international market in due course.

Quote by Anderson View Post
    "If I could have absolutely anything, it would have to be an original STG-44."

You need to go to Syria BB. A couple of years ago a small news report of the Syrian civil war mentioned 5,000 stg44's looted from the Syrian Army base at such and such town and no doubt later used by "rebels" or ISIS. Syria acquired a lot of ex-German WW2 arms via the Soviet Bloc in the 1950's, including at one time Panther tanks. The stg44's were reserve arms stored by the Syrian army, they may emerge on the international market in due course.
    Yeah, I saw the video footage of that and could hardly believe it. Although I do wonder how useful the weapons proved to be, as the 7.92 Kurz ammunition would have been rather hard to find in any meaningful quantity.

B.B.

It's rumoured an Eastern European ammunition maker is producing that ammunition to meet an emerging, though limited demand in the middle east. But I agree lack of ammunition would have been the main hindrance to the FSA and other groups using it much.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast