Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

When is it appropriate to watermark photos of your collection?

Article about: I see a lot of photos posted by members with their own watermarks on them. Is there a appropriate amount of time, or sizzle a collection when one is able to do this? And how do you watermark

?

Default When is it appropriate to watermark photos of your collection?

I see a lot of photos posted by members with their own watermarks on them. Is there a appropriate amount of time, or sizzle a collection when one is able to do this? And how do you watermark them.

I was thinking of doing the same thing, but is my collection watermark "worthy"

?

Default Re: When is it appropriate to watermark photos of your collection?

Sorry meant size not " sizzle"

?

I recently had this convo with another member as well, so this is a good thing to make people aware of. I just recently started watermarking strictly my original photos collection. I did this right after I saw a few of my HJ photos and a couple others on Ebay from the same seller that were obvious fake/copy photos. These scumbags can literally "copy and paste" your original photos onto there own computer and use your image to create fake photos for profit on sites like ebay. Usually they will take only the higher quality images, so they make more money. They even go to the lengths of cropping the stolen image to alter the appearence or to cut out a watermark so an image can still be used. I dont like watermarking because sometimes it takes away from an image or blocks important details, but I try to put the watermark in a spot where the image details arent completely ruined. If you post an image online without a watermark or copyright, it is legally fair game for someone else to copy that image. So watermarking helps keep your photos/images in your own collection, giving the owner control of there items.
    I use a free watermarking site: Internet Marketing | Coding Elite Software For Marketing On The Internet . You can only watermark one image at a time, so it can be time consuming depending on the size of your collection. Hope that answers some of your questions. good luck

?

Thanks mate, good info. I though there may have been a threshold where your collection is worthy of a watermark.

I sometimes watermark my pictures too, because of the reasons stated. You put an album up, and before you know it, the photos are on "CD collections" being sold on e bay, however one thing to remember, there is something called "fair usage" which means anyone can copy and post your pictures. You do not have copyrights, even though you may own the picture

?

Thanks mate. I was just worried if I started posting pics with " Kornacki collection" on the forum, wether it was something I had to earn, or would I look like a poser

Hi Tony, I always watermark every original photo I show.

Cheers, Ade.