Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Where can i buy these sort of things?

Article about: I've been trying to start collecting for quite some time now but i never really could afford it and i've recently got a job that pays quite well so i have some money to spare, the problem is

Default Where can i buy these sort of things?

I've been trying to start collecting for quite some time now but i never really could afford it and i've recently got a job that pays quite well so i have some money to spare, the problem is i have literally no idea where i can get a hold of these items.
    You all seem to have alot of great stuff.
    I chose to ask this question in this subforum because mainly i literally have no idea where else to post it seeing as i'm very fresh to the forum.

Cheers

Default Re: Where can i buy these sort of things?

What items are you focus on German,US other?
    chris

German mostly i guess, would love to get my hands on some North Korean stuff as well

Theres tons of sites on the net that have original german items.. then there are millions that have fakes. Its a tough to get into but you could check out Wittmann Antique Militaria and look what they have.

Summer Vacation Militaria is a pretty good site to check out too. The guy who owns it is a nice guy to work with, his prices are more than fair, and he will mark fake stuff as fake and price it accordingly.

?

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    Summer Vacation Militaria is a pretty good site to check out too. The guy who owns it is a nice guy to work with, his prices are more than fair, and he will mark fake stuff as fake and price it accordingly.
    However, he is notoriously difficult to get good service from. You might wait weeks between emails from him.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    However, he is notoriously difficult to get good service from. You might wait weeks between emails from him.
    That's true, never e-mail the guy because you will never get a response. He answers his phone, though.

?

Its always a problem for newish collectors to start a collection without some basics. Initially your first criteria should be to research the type of items that you wish to collect, theres literally hundreds of books on the subject of German militaria, but pick the best of the bunch, they will be more expensive but more accurate and written by some of the best in their field, next is to find the most reputable dealers , start in your own country first ,find out if there are good dealers there, remember that to buy from other countries you will be paying shipping or postal fees, the further afield the more costs, plus its always better to examine the subject personally unless you are dealing with a well established and respected dealer, once you have found one get to handle as many of the items as you can, you will soon build up the bits of knowledge that will help you, the feel , construction, paints , patinas, and even the smell, these things will hopefully give you some insight in avoiding the vast number of fake items out there and will, more importantly, save you money, there was a thread on here recently asking the same question as yours, and quite a number of reputable dealers were listed here, plus before you buy, take detailed photos and post them on the forum, you will get experienced and informed opinions on any item from some of the best there is, good luck with your collecting