Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Where do i stand with getting my money back ? :(

Article about: Alex...if it does not arrive, which I think it will, it is down to the sender to make a claim with Royal Mail, not you...as he has the "proof of sending", contact him first...and g

?

Default Where do i stand with getting my money back ? :(

Hello all

3 weeks ago i won a eBay auction for a German medal bar and a few other bits the lot plus postage came too 140 pounds the post and pack was 8 pounds !

I paid by cheque that had arrived and cleared after 8 days the seller says he sent the items first class sighned for he posted the items on Monday last week however they have not arrived yet ? He gave me a tracking number friday that says they still I'n the system ect however we had our post today and still no medals

So because I've paid by cheque is their any way i can get my money back ?

Kind regards
    Alex

Default Re: Where do i stand with getting my money back ? :(

Mate, does the tracking number show that the package was posted? If so then I doubt that you can get your money back as the seller has kept up his end of the deal, the problem lies with the postal service. I had a similar problem 6 months or so ago, I could see the seller had posted the item but it took 5 weeks for it to arrive here! I couldn't do anything about it other than hope that it would eventually turn up, fortunately for me it did.

Alex, what does the seller`s feedback say on eBay?
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

?

Hello

The tracking number confirmes it has been posted his feedback is very good he sells a lot of medals ect if i do leave it for weeks it it not too late to try to recover my money ?

You would have to try to get your money from the postal mob I think, the seller would be quite within his rights to keep the money as he kept his end of the deal. I would be contacting the post office and getting them to launch an investigation to see if they can track it down. This close the Christmas is a busy time as well so it may just be caught up in the system. Don't lose hope just yet mate. Good luck.

If its been posted, its a fault with Royal Mail and not the seller. Paying by cheque isnt the most secure method of payment either as theres not much you can do after it has been cleared. You will just have to wait, and if nothing happens soon you should take up the issue with Royal Mail. Just remember that it is the christmas period, which might be one reason for a delay with Royal Mail?

Thanks

Danny

NCA
    ?

I would give it another week personally...you can just imagine how many parcels are flying around at the moment!

Which country is the package coming from Alex?

The Christmas post in UK is slowing things down also If its from the US it could be weeks and weeks! My last package took 3 weeks from the States

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Hi nick it's from the uk

I guess I'll give i should give it until nexed Monday and if still no joy I'll try to do something with the post office our post man is shit I've just now gone ousted and he jas chucked 5 parcels of my mothers that where sighned for over the fence and there scatered around oor garden and the other day he lef us with 5 other pepol mail i had to retune it to them so i hop no one els has my parcle

?

for starters i would complain about the postman, and secondly if they say its been signed for ask for a copy of the signature as no one in your house has signed for it.

it may just be delayed with any luck

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast