Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Where do you live? Post pics of your town!

Article about: The movies , "lost boys" starring, Kiefer Sutherland, Corey Feldman and Cory Haim were filmed here,Also the movie, " sudden impact" starring Clint Eastwood and some chick

Quote by deadeye View Post
    do you ever fish the great barrier reef, bet they have a little of everything there.
    The Great Barrier Reef actually has a whole lot of everything yet I believe our freind sandgroper lives several thousand miles from the reef, over on the West Coast of the great southern land. Myself, being a native of the East coast have somewhat more familiarity with the reef and its denizens and yes, you can be assured that the reef teems with life of all colour, size and degree of fearsomeness.

Freak_show_1941.jpgDegree of fearsomeness is good. Some of your creatures should chew on my neighbors, who think too much of themselves and tell everyone what to do while smiling.

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Lemon shark. I should've guessed that from your location.

If I ever get to Florida I will definitely take up your offer.

I will be in the U.S. in a couple of months but won't be that far down.
    the spring is the best time mid may to mid june. thats when we make our way to jupiter.anytime you want to make a trip. give me the heads up. and will stack up some fish.dont know if you ever caught a sailfish, there a hoot. we use spinning reels 20 lb test line. it takes anywhere from 20 min to several hours to land. depending on the size of fish. we always have alot of fun. these waters are very productive at this time of year. anytime deadeye

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    The Great Barrier Reef actually has a whole lot of everything yet I believe our freind sandgroper lives several thousand miles from the reef, over on the West Coast of the great southern land. Myself, being a native of the East coast have somewhat more familiarity with the reef and its denizens and yes, you can be assured that the reef teems with life of all colour, size and degree of fearsomeness.
    whats the biggest fish you ever caught there. off the reef. deadeye

Yoo Kirederf,
    I would have to post the same pics.
    But will scan some of the wartime pics of the city for you, I've got them from my grandparents.
    If you ever feel like it and have a dig just send me a pm
    Cheers

ps I used to live just down "D'aaf met", De oude markt for those who don't understand "Leuvens"

[QUOTE=asterperious;949529]Here is the litterbox I call home - Tucson Az. I'm from calgary originally. Some overviews, my front yard looking north and some examples of local fauna we share the neighbourhood with; Javalina behind our fence, Gila monster in our garage, plenty more - snakes, scorpions, tarantulas, lizards, geckos and more. There is a stupendous amount of interesting wildlife around us here.

As a kid, I spent a couple years in Yuma. I chased a few
    Gila monsters.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Quote by deadeye View Post
    how far do you have to venture out to get were the fish are.
    do you ever fish the great barrier reef, bet they have a little of everything there. if i fish the west coast of fla , have to ventere 25-30 mi range for red snapper and grouper. can catch kings ,tarpon, snook, trout, redfish close by. but those snapper and grouper sure taste good and a heck of a fight.think were gonna head out this week on a trip.deadeye
    G'day deadeye,
    As Glenn said, the Great Barrier Reef is about 5000kms away from me but we have a variety of fishing spots here where we can get a good catch. It's a bit hard to give generalizations about fishing here because different parts of the state offer different fishing experiences. We have 15 000kms of coastline here in W.A. so plenty of places to wet a line.

There are some amazing photos on this thread of some beautiful places and I'm really enjoying seeing the similarities and differences between our respective homes. We all live in some fantastic places. Keep the pics coming. I think we are all pretty lucky to live in countries that allow us to indulge in such a bizarre hobby as ours, there are plenty of people around the world that would give anything just for a meal.

Your "bugs" are pretty cool!! (if they do not bust your beer box!!) Leon.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote by asterperious View Post
    Here is the litterbox I call home - Tucson Az. I'm from calgary originally. Some overviews, my front yard looking north and some examples of local fauna we share the neighbourhood with; Javalina behind our fence, Gila monster in our garage, plenty more - snakes, scorpions, tarantulas, lizards, geckos and more. There is a stupendous amount of interesting wildlife
    Attachment 548447
    I love your series 3 landrover mate!

vertigo-fort-point.jpgBefore I worked in Germany, I worked here, famous because of a Hitchcock movie and also famous because of John C. Fremont and such..... to be sure, that's not me in this picture, either. I simply like the image.

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast