Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 151 of 168 FirstFirst ... 51 101 141 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 161 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 1671

Who is Talking/Post a Picture

Article about: arty photos there.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Well, my 10,000th post in just over 3,000 days here as a member. So I'd just like to say thanks to you all for making it so enjoyable for me through the best and worse of times of the last few years. This forum means a lot to me, and I just wanted you all to know how much I owe to you all for putting up with me, you wonderful bastards.

10000TH POST THANK YOU.jpg

In appreciation, Ned.
    This we must celebrate big ned, a man with humour. With what, yes
    of course with flowers, a thanks and a cake.

bedankkaarten-1.jpg

04200.jpg

When I'm not busy buying fake stuff at auctions, I spend my time with my camera or, if weather permits, riding around Scotland or wherever on one of my bikes.

This is me and my newest purchase, a Triumph Street Triple R bought in Aberdeen. Other bikes are a 2015 Kawasaki ZZR1400PS and a 2012 Triumph Daytona 675

DSC_0060.jpg

Congrats on 10,000 Ned - Thanks for your knowledge
    and all the laughs..........!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by jamie7d7 View Post
    When I'm not busy buying fake stuff at auctions, I spend my time with my camera or, if weather permits, riding around Scotland or wherever on one of my bikes.

This is me and my newest purchase, a Triumph Street Triple R bought in Aberdeen. Other bikes are a 2015 Kawasaki ZZR1400PS and a 2012 Triumph Daytona 675

DSC_0060.jpg
    You'll find a few motorcycle guys hanging around here. Check out this thread ------
    Other hobbies besides collecting militaria?,
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

MAP
    ?

Just finished a great all day hike/light rock climbing in upstate NY with the family and some friends. Absolutely stunning day!

Plus I still kept up (and in the end passed) the teens. Slow and steady won the race.

DSC03881 (1)_1575x1050.jpg DSC03892 (1)_1575x1050.jpg DSC03900_1575x1050.jpg DSC03905 (1)_1575x1050.jpg DSC03928_1575x1050.jpg DSC03872 (1)_1575x1050.jpg
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Lovely countryside Michael, very green and mountainous looking.

MAP
    ?

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    Lovely countryside Michael, very green and mountainous looking.
    Thanks Dave. These are just "hills". Further north you start hitting the real mountains. But the whole "Hudson Valley" of NY State is in my view one of the most beautiful places in the country. And just wait till late Sept/Oct when all these leaves change color. Then it is fantastic!

My older son (in the photo) just finished what we call the 46'er. Backpacking the 46 highest peaks in NY State. So this hike was quite boring to him. LoL He had rain, sleet and even hail and snow...in July!

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Awesome photos Michael! The scenery is great and what a nice day to be out with the family. When my boys were about the same age as yours, we did some climbing on a much smaller scale here in PA but still just as exhilarating. Bob

MAP
    ?

Quote by Combat Boots View Post
    Awesome photos Michael! The scenery is great and what a nice day to be out with the family. When my boys were about the same age as yours, we did some climbing on a much smaller scale here in PA but still just as exhilarating. Bob
    Thanks Bob. This was a "nice" hike and not technically challenging. But to be honest, in some areas, one small slip and you are done. The photo of my son sitting on the rock outcrop was probably an 50 foot drop and another was even further. He had to beg to go to the edge. I only said yes if he agreed to crawl.. And a fall would not be into trees...but more rocks....

*** These are high rez photos so click to expand ***

What we had to climb

DSC03856.jpg

Most was not vertical...but some parts were. No ropes necessary however as the worst vertical parts were like this...not too far to fall...

DSC03876.jpg

The second "sitting on the edge request"...The trees will give you an idea as to how high. Overall drop was high but vertical was "only" 40 feet or so

DSC03899.jpg

What you land on.....soft

DSC03880.jpg

The requested "crawl"

DSC03925.jpg

Wow, Michael. It's looks like you had a great day out. Good for you.

There must have been something in the air today as today was my first
    day off in nearly a month. So like you, I had to be out and about. The sun
    was shining and no rain so I put 150 miles on the bike. 3 hours of just me, the
    road and the wind in my hair. --- Man, I needed that.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.