Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 99 of 168 FirstFirst ... 49 89 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 109 149 ... LastLast

Who is Talking/Post a Picture

Article about: arty photos there.

Default Re: Who is Talking/Post a Picture

Quote by Greenhorn View Post
    Steve
    $200? You stole the boat for that price! Perfect little fishing boat, it's all one needs to be in God's country and make memories that last a lifetime. I see you keep the gast tank up front. Do you run a long gas line or is this spare gas. When I had my 12' Lund, I kept the gas in back. I know you bass fish, do you use any artificial bait or just live bait?
    Mark
    Thanks Mark.

Got it from an old fellow down the street from me. Whenever the wife
    and I walked down to the lake, it was just sitting there year after
    year, so I asked what he wanted for it. My stepson went over
    and picked it up one weekend. I guess he thought he'd carry
    it on his back or have a friend help him, but when I arrived
    home it was on a small trailer ! Only needed rewiring
    plus new rims and tires. ( 7.5 Evinrude not inc. )

I keep the tank up front for better weight distribution. As for
    bait - spinners and spoons almost exclusively: Mepps
    Musky Killers and Johnson Silver Minnows.
    'Catch and release'.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Thanks Mark.

Got it from an old fellow down the street from me. Whenever the wife
    and I walked down to the lake, it was just sitting there year after
    year, so I asked what he wanted for it. My stepson went over
    and picked it up one weekend. I guess he thought he'd carry
    it on his back or have a friend help him, but when I arrived
    home it was on a small trailer ! Only needed rewiring
    plus new rims and tires. ( 7.5 Evinrude not inc. )

I keep the tank up front for better weight distribution. As for
    bait - spinners and spoons almost exclusively.........
    Great find. Boat and trailer for $200is unheard of! I understand keeping the gas tank up, makes more sense with a 7.5. Steve, I'll have to send you a fishing care-package, if you don't mind. I buy by the box load and have plenty left over. Some tubes, bass jigs, and a couple other goodies for you to try on the bass. Bassfishing is highly addictive!
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    No worries!

I am very interested in ancestry.

I have taken my direct Stevenson bloodline back to 1580 as the family have always lived in the same village in Nottinghamshire. My roots are Danish/Viking/Saxon as the village was part of the Danelaw. Most of the old familys in the village have "son" in their surnames. On my Mother's side there may well be a Flemish background due to the surname Ghent, which was my Nan's maiden name. Oddly enough, I have traced my Mum's family, surname Higgs, back to 1776. This is when Edward Higgs, born in 1756 in Prince William, Virgina, USA came to the UK and settled in Bristol. I would guess the date 1776 might have someting to do with him coming to the UK, I guess he was a Loyalist to the Crown? This was quite a find.

Cheers, Ade.
    That's fascinating! I am a bit obsessed with family history myself.

Here is an interesting bit for you, taken from United States American History "At the end of the war, thousands of Loyalists left the country; 30,000 departed from New York alone. Many from the North fled into Canada, particularly to Nova Scotia, while others in the South withdrew to the Bahamas and West Indies. Homesickness was common and caused some to return to the United States. A number of the early returnees were treated harshly, but passions cooled over time."

Given Edward's age, it's also quite possible that he served in a Loyalist Regiment.

I am also a descendant of the original Virginians, believe it or not! From my mom's side, I am a direct descendant of a man named John Dods, who, ironically, was also born in a small village in England in 1580. He was from Great Neck, Yorkshire, and became a laborer among the original 105 settlers of Jamestown colony. He was also lucky enough to be one of the survivors. Along the same line, there was a Confederate officer during the U.S. Civil War named William Dodson. That also happens to be my grandfather's name.

Quote by Greenhorn View Post
    Great find. Boat and trailer for $200is unheard of! I understand keeping the gas tank up, makes more sense with a 7.5. Steve, I'll have to send you a fishing care-package, if you don't mind. I buy by the box load and have plenty left over. Some tubes, bass jigs, and a couple other goodies for you to try on the bass. Bassfishing is highly addictive!
    Thanks Mark. It will be great to try some Professional lures.........!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Regards,

Steve.

Hi Mo, thanks for the link.

Great you can take your family line back so far.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Here's one of me at about 01:30 this morning at work.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Have you grown a moustache Adrian ?

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Haha! I do have facial hair now under my nose and on my chin yes.

I got fed up with being asked for ID when I buy alcohol so I decided to grow it and look older.

So now I look in my early thirties........

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Haha! I do have facial hair now under my nose and on my chin yes.

I got fed up with being asked for ID when I buy alcohol so I decided to grow it and look older.

So now I look in my early thirties........
    Nice problem to have Adrian, especially at 40! Good lookin' pup too.

Mark
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Hi

Here's me just before going to ATC (fist time in Uniform) last summer.

Its not the best as I was in a rush and it looks like part of my face has been melted away!

Cameron

Page 99 of 168 FirstFirst ... 49 89 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 109 149 ... LastLast