Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Who from WW2 would you like to have a beer with?

Article about: I would buy Rommel a beer and ask him about his part in the plot against Hitler. Nick

Default Re: Who from WW2 would you like to have a beer with?

Of course.
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

?

No question for me, Sepp Dietrich on the German side, George S Patton on the Allied side. I bet these 2 would get along famously as a matter of fact. I would like to invite Marshall Rokossovsky (sp?) as well but I am afraid Dietrich and Patton would drink to much and beat the hell out of him.

That would be my grandfather, Corporal Robert E. Basore of the 907th Air Engineering Squadron, USAAF. He passed a couple years before i was born, and there are so many things i wish i could ask him!

?

If I could it would be first my great uncle Sam. As I have learned from family he was a tank operator of sorts, and received a purple heart. He passed in the 60's I believe because my dad has some stories about him, seemed like a fun man.

Second Eva Braun, and it wouldn't be beer it would be champagne of course. My real question for her besides fashion and the glamor times would have to be, What in the hell did you see in Hitler? Was it just because he was at the top of the food chain , because there were way better looking men serving for him.

I think...probably the most fascinating people to talk to(assuming that they would Have to tell the truth) would be the most intelligent and Evil of the lot....Top of the list, of course, would have to be Joseph Stalin. The worms in that evil demon's head must have tales to tell that would whiten most peoples hair in an hour. If I couldn't get him, I think next on the list would be, perhaps, Reinhard Heydrich. To learn the details of the Wannsee Accords...and what was the fly on the wall small talk in that meeting-now That would be enough to keep a person busy for the next 50 years or so. Heydrich was an enormously intelligent man but Dripping evil-even Hitler himself was afraid of him...And lastly, if the 2 were "busy", say, being boiled in a pit somewhere very far below....I think I would opt to meet our fine Danish forum member Stinschen's choice- The Angel of Death himself, Josef Mengele. To hear an unadulterated recitation of his camp experiences and his escape and life afterwards would be unmatchable. The Truth is rarely pretty...but it's Always interesting! William
    Last edited by Wagriff; 10-28-2011 at 06:02 PM.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    The Truth is rarely pretty...but it's Always interesting! William
    Well said
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

i think mine would be my great uncle Douglas evans, when i was about 10 years old he gave me all of his war items including medals etc. i never really got to have a really good chat to him about the war, as i was too little/ he probably didnt want to talk a lot about it,

he was in the home guard and then an artillery unit (the cannons towed behind lorries)

he said that sometimes planes would staffe them etc but never really went into much detail

he died when i was about 12 and never really got a good chat with him, shame really

Default Who from WW2 would you like to have a beer with?

I would sink a couple with Rommel and ask him what he really thought about Hitler!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

I´d love to have a chat with Eva Braun and ask her what she saw in Hitler. Oh, and maybe steal her lingerie....
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

?

Christian Frederik von Schalburg, Felix Steiner and my Grand dad.

Could also be cool to have a pint or two with Paul E and Dimas

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast