Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

This is why WRF is the best in the world!!

Article about: by Thanatos "As above" It's the community (members) that makes this forum what it is. Is that Little Round Top on your avatar HOne? All the best gents Dave Hi Dave. Good eye, my fr

?

Default Re: This is why WRF is the best in the world!!

Just awesome! Love to see stuff like this. There is no doubt that our forum has that "tight-knit" community feel to it!

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    I got home last night and there was a Christmas box waiting for me from Ohio!

I was thinking I am not expecting any parcels or items

I opened it and I found a Christmas card, Hershey chocolates and a framed SS picture to sit with my collection!!

Many thanks to member Luke (Rogge16) for your kindness!

This is an example of the true spirit of this forum and what makes it great !

A true 'Band of Brothers'! ..(and Sisters)

Nick
    Nick: I'm glad it arrived safely and that you like it. If I knew your daughter was going to eat all the chocolate I would have sent more.
    I have met some great people here and would like to thank you all for making this such a great place that I spend entirely too much time at.

Luke

Along those lines, I was looking for a certain button for my Swedish Trench Coat. Jimpman sent me the button for only the cost of shipping. On top of that, he sent me 2 more in case I lose one in the future! This group is great!

Nick I Bet that was exciting to find a secret package on the doorstep. Being a member here is a great privilege. I trust some members here more than I trust some members of my own family. Gods honest truth! Its a shame most of us are all spread out or a yearly gathering would be a blast. Though it would probably just turn into a drunken collectors fest, but it would be a helluva good time. I really hope to meet some state side members in person one of these days. Maybe even venture across the pond and share a few brews with some European members/friends. Really is quite the brotherhood at WRF

Quote by Bill T View Post
    Just awesome! Love to see stuff like this. There is no doubt that our forum has that "tight-knit" community feel to it!
    Bill, you are Always busy colouring period photos for everyone
    who drops by your thread - Hats off to you as well.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

I agree: Maybe someday we should have a gathering. Maybe at nick's hotel? What do you think?
    Great people. And we sometimes agree to disagree on issues and items. And I am sure we all respect each others opinions here. We all seem to have our specialties. And are willing to share them with each other. This is by far a band of friends and fellow collectors sharing their Knowledge. My hats off to Ade and the crew for all the hard work they put in. I am honored to be part of this forum.

John

Quote by helmetone View Post
    Nick I Bet that was exciting to find a secret package on the doorstep. Being a member here is a great privilege. I trust some members here more than I trust some members of my own family. Gods honest truth! Its a shame most of us are all spread out or a yearly gathering would be a blast. Though it would probably just turn into a drunken collectors fest, but it would be a helluva good time. I really hope to meet some state side members in person one of these days. Maybe even venture across the pond and share a few brews with some European members/friends. Really is quite the brotherhood at WRF
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

I think it would be a great time, but money might be tight for some. We can always hope.

Nick, it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy! Congrats and it's nice to know someone is thinking of you.

If I may share a recent pleasantry also... Drmessimer has shown an act of kindness toward me that was completely unprovoked and a pleasant surprise. Outside of a few posts on a thread, I did not know Drmessimer from Adam and he contacted me for my mailing address and kindly sent me a parcel he thought I'd like. A generous act of kindness from a gentleman! Thank you, and Merry Christmas to you and all!

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

"As above"
    It's the community (members) that makes this forum what it is.
    Is that Little Round Top on your avatar HOne?
    All the best gents
    Dave

Green: You are so right about Dwight. He's one of the good guys. I've received a few surprise packages from him too!

Luke

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast