Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

wintage Griffon safety razor

Article about: Hi there I found this razor many years ago in old house loft. It was hidden in paper box under the roof construction. It would be nice to know ho it ends in that house because it is usa made

Default wintage Griffon safety razor

Hi there

I found this razor many years ago in old house loft.
    It was hidden in paper box under the roof construction.
    It would be nice to know ho it ends in that house because it is usa made razor form 1900 +-. and I found it in small poor village iin Slovakia.
    It is Silaco Griffon safety razor made by griffon cutlery co. new york usa.
    There ara patent dates on the box : sept.22nd 1896 and feb.2nd 1897. France : oct.5th.1897, England : apr.6th.1897.
    other patents pending. there are shaving instrucions on the box too.

The Automatic Stropping Machine is a “Silaco” manufactured by Silberstein Hecht & Co. of New York. With a blade in the holder and holding the tabs on the back side, you move the razor up and down over the leather strop. It is made of wood with the leather strop and nickel plated metal parts

On the razor is written : New model safety razor Griffon. Made by griffon cutlery and co. New york USA and patent dates as on the box.

I want to ask how much money is it worth ? I found the same razor on one site and they sell it for 800+ dolars. Is realy worth that money ?
    Sory for pics quality. I will post better pics later
    Attached Images Attached Images