Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

World War II in Photos. A retrospective in 20 parts. ~1000photos!

Article about: Sorry if this is old news... I found this online photo collection while searching for WW2 images to use with my students. In my honest opinion, this collection is amazing! So many of the pho

Default World War II in Photos. A retrospective in 20 parts. ~1000photos!

Sorry if this is old news...

I found this online photo collection while searching for WW2 images to use with my students. In my honest opinion, this collection is amazing! So many of the photos are powerful... and maybe it's just because I'm young and haven't been around for a while... but I'd say more than 50% of these photos I've never seen before!

The collection consists of 20 parts. Each part represents a specific aspect of the war. They update the collection with a new part consisting of ~50 photos each week... and I think they'll continue to do so for at least another month.

I def. plan on blowing some of these pictures up and using them as posters in my classroom!

World War II in Photos - Alan Taylor - In Focus - The Atlantic

I hope you enjoy them! Let me know what you think!

Best,
    Joe T

Default Re: World War II in Photos. A retrospective in 20 parts. ~1000photos!

Awesome link... definetly a lot of iconic and very representative images in there, I'll be going through these in the correct order when I have the time. Thanks a lot for posting the link!

Amazing! Thanks for the link, GIZMO8Z! Now I have to try to manage to read six books AND to look through all those photos!

brilliant link joe some wonderful images there

tom