Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

World War II video games. Your thoughts?

Article about: by ObKrieger And another! This is great, guys. We need to have some campaigns. My favorite mods for CC5 are the Battle of Berlin, Stalingrad, and Scheldt ones. I had some computer issues ear

?

Default Re: World War II video games. Your thoughts?

Hmm, let's see. The IL-2 Series is magnificent, the Company of Heroes series (mods make it so much better!), and an other favorite is the World of Series (currently only World of Tanks is out, with world of Airplanes and Battleships in development).

Nitram

Close combat is an awesome series as has been stated. One of the very best WW2 strategy games I have ever played is Company of Heroes. Stunning on all fronts. Extraordinarily steep learning curve when you play online though, especially if you find yourself matched against myself

I am KradSpam here too, in fact this game spawned that name. Join me on the field

?

Ill have to join you for a game sometime! Ive forgotten my ingame name, tux255 I think (dont ask).

Nitram

Looks good. I had been playing and have played for ages. Used to love battlefield 1942:Forgotten hope, silent hunter. Used to be big into IL-2 as well, ran a squadron and painted skins for aircraft. Never seen company of heros before, but the screenshots look good!

Quote by Nitram View Post
    Ill have to join you for a game sometime! Ive forgotten my ingame name, tux255 I think (dont ask).

Nitram
    I like Wehr,

pio, pio, pio, mg42, volks, volks, sniper, T2, T3, T4, Ostwind, Pz4, GG Very risky strat missing out the middle buildings but when they see a Panzer 4 rolling down in the first 10 minutes and all they have is an M8 (at best a single 57mm, sniper fodder) and a few Rifle squads they sometimes just drop. Volks as your only AT (once you T2) before you get the Pz4 is a scary feeling though.....

That list doesn't really work 1v1 though, for that I'd use...........

Nevermind, I could go on all day. Love love love it.

It's ALL about the fuel

?

Ah yes, Forgotten Hope Mod! Love it. I play the BF2 version. Singleplayer only unfortunately, as I cant connect to my account and EA has been no help

I play Brits often, Im the dig in and level them with arty then rush with infantry type... Works rather well on victory point maps, not so well on annihilation.

Nitram

Quote by Nitram View Post
    Ah yes, Forgotten Hope Mod! Love it. I play the BF2 version. Singleplayer only unfortunately, as I cant connect to my account and EA has been no help

I play Brits often, Im the dig in and level them with arty then rush with infantry type... Works rather well on victory point maps, not so well on annihilation.

Nitram
    I love Forgotten Hope. My favorite map is St. Lo.

I am playing a Close Combat Stalingrad campaign as the Axis at the moment. It's going pretty well, which is rare for my situation. The Russians launched Uranus in November. The in-game date is December 16th, and my Romanian and Italian battlegroups holding my north flank are still going strong. I have been having a lot of luck allowing Soviet infantry regiments in my territory as deep as Gumrak airfield, and then surrounding them, depleting their ammo and fuel, and rolling over them with tanks of the 16th Panzer Division.

Brit players drive me nuts for that. I hate playing against them sometimes, the arty is so strong. The best thing though is doing a sneaky assault on a Brit strong point with camo stormtroopers, steal a couple of trenches after clearing with a grenade assault and begin the schreck wreck on the rest of the emplacements can be a very expensive few minutes for Monty.

German infantry + British slit trenches is an epic combo

When I get my good gaming PC working again we will have to play. Vimoutiers is probably my fave map. What level are you with Brits?

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    I love Forgotten Hope. My favorite map is St. Lo.

I am playing a Close Combat Stalingrad campaign as the Axis at the moment. It's going pretty well, which is rare for my situation. The Russians launched Uranus in November. The in-game date is December 16th, and my Romanian and Italian battlegroups holding my north flank are still going strong. I have been having a lot of luck allowing Soviet infantry regiments in my territory as deep as Gumrak airfield, and then surrounding them, depleting their ammo and fuel, and rolling over them with tanks of the 16th Panzer Division.
    Which version of CC is this? Sounds very good, I'd like to see if I can win at Stalingrad.

?

I have had a playstation three for years and have allways enjoyed my FP WWII games Medal of Honor,Call of Duty, are my all time favorites .
    I recently went to Hi speed cable internet so I have been playing Medal of Honor Airborne on line and it is a lot of fun That is if you can make it to the ground .
    There are some decent sharp shooters on the game and they like picking you off just after your chute deploys.

Regards Mark K

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast