Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

World War II video games. Your thoughts?

Article about: by ObKrieger And another! This is great, guys. We need to have some campaigns. My favorite mods for CC5 are the Battle of Berlin, Stalingrad, and Scheldt ones. I had some computer issues ear

Default Re: World War II video games. Your thoughts?

Quote by Poromies View Post
    I too like the Red Orchestra games very much, especially the first one. I bought the second one a few weeks after release and was a bit disappointed because of all the bugs and the horrible performance, even though I have a pretty good computer :O
    I should dig out RO2 and download the updates to see if they have fixed any of the problems. Until then, I must now go down memory lane and play the original Day of Defeat
    They have fixed quite a few of the bugs. Tanks are still running into problems, so many servers have disabled them for the sake of gameplay. THe game is quite stable now, though.

Day of Defeat.... now there are some memories

Quote by Wolfe1165 View Post
    They have fixed quite a few of the bugs. Tanks are still running into problems, so many servers have disabled them for the sake of gameplay. THe game is quite stable now, though.

Day of Defeat.... now there are some memories
    I love Day of Defeat.

sorry to ask but is Day of Defeat a single game or must i have instaled and half life??

You can buy it off of Steam for $5 by itself, but it should come bundled with Half Life as well.

?

RO2 has got bugs still, i am struggling with being kicked for "speed Hacking" which im not, and also have got lag problems with a good connection and an Alienware laptop , so im stuck on that one lol

Sorry for bumping this old thread, but here are some news about the WW2 game Iron Front Liberation 1944. It is built on the same engine as ArmA2, which is the engine Bohemia Interactive uses on simulators they make for militaries. There is already a WW2 mod for ArmA2, but this being a full game, I am expecting this to blow the socks off of everyone who is into WW2 and military simulators!

Arma 2 Tech enters World War II - Arma 2 Official Website

Now that I remembered, I have to start saving money for a new computer for ArmA3!

I've been looking forward to Iron Front!!

I remember seeing a post here a while back and I had it in my mind for a long time, did not just remember the name. One thing worries me though, being the ArmA2 engine, it can be pretty hard to some computers. In Arma2, there is a 250 km2 map where on some multiplayer servers there are battles raging all around the small country of Chernarus, and even if the player is on the other side of the country, it still has quite an impact on the FPS rate. Bohemia Interactive has released alot of patches to fix this and on mid range and on high end computers it is not a problem, but those who do not buy a computer for video games might have a problem running Iron Front.

Yes! Iron Front Liberation 1944 came out on the 25th! I need to get the money together to buy it, it looks like the Invasion 1944 mod for ArmA2, only done more professionally. Here is a small video displaying some characters and weapons. One can really see that this has been done with the ArmA2 engine, and I recognized it immediately. A must buy for WW2 game lovers. I am still a little unsure if it is a hardcore infrantry simulator like ArmA2 is, or is it done with a lighter feel to it. Either way, I will buy it!
    Iron Front: Liberation 1944 Part 1 ("Weapons and Infantry") +Eng.Sub - YouTube

yeah the men of war series is the best WW2 strategy game there is i used to play COH but its so unrealistic
    dose any one play games, i like my history and like to play games and watch films docs on WWII Roman times medieval times
    i play to really good WWII games there quite realistic but fun (don't like the fake ones)

Men Of War
    Men of War: Red Tide
    Men of War: Assault Squad
    Men of War: condemned heroes

is a really good RTS game its hard, but once you get the hang of it its really good (there a few in the series) try it out best WWII RTS out there
    Men of War Assault Squad - Trailer - PC - YouTube
    Men of War: Condemned Heroes Launch Trailer [HD] - YouTube

next is a first person shooter

Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad

is a really good game gets you right in to the battle, makes u feel like you are really there in battle, and can have 64 player on a map at once!
    really realistic and fun takes a little while to get used to is a bit hardcore but is good once you get into it, its not like call of duty ( i cant stand the new COD games i love 1 and 2 but now they are just so fake and stupid) but after modern warfare they all seem the same

Red Orchestra 2 Heroes of Stalingrad Trailer - YouTube
    Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad Remembering Trailer [HD] - YouTube

2ed vid is good i like it

these are really good games check them out!

also the close combat seem quite old and not very good graphics looked at some videos on u tube cant see much on them

these games are the closest i am going to get to to fighting as a Russia or German in WW2 and gives me a insight to what it was like
    also do books and films/ docs

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast