Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Worst ww2 movie

Article about: Whats the worst ww2 movie you have ever seen? I have to say the latest ones i have seen have to be Bloodrayne third reich and war of resistance, really bad movies, bad script, bad actors, ev

Quote by DougB View Post
    Red Tails was awful.

Ill have to watch the Tin Drum now.
    The Tin Drum is actually quite a good (if a little strange) film, i wouldn't even call it a war film as it's about a young lad living in pre-war Danzig!.....
    The Tin Drum (film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

?

Quote by Datrus View Post
    Inglorious Basterds. One thing among many is the sniper in the bell tower. Up to his knees in spent ammo casings, shooting at almost full auto speed with a K98. I remember the rifle as a K98, but anyway it was a bolt action rifle, so it probably was K98.

I liked Private Ryan and Band of Brothers though.
    I'll second that. 'IB' is a turd of a movie. No matter how you spin it (parody or what ever), it simply doesnt work.
    Its an affront to watch.

Tarantino has run out of steam and is a pale shade of himself. We will have to remember him for the good stuff and desperately attempt to let 'IB' fade from memory.

Its not like 'IB' was a fluke. 'Grindhouse' was equally horrid (or worse). I dont even want to watch 'Django Unchained.'

At least we have 'Reservoir Dogs,' 'Pulp Fiction' and the sleeper 'Jackie Brown.'
    If you havent watched the latter, give it a shot. Its a very good laid back movie, which somehow has managed to slip under the radar. Ignore the worst actress in the history of mankind (Bridget Fonda (who BTW managed to demolish the quality 'La Femme Nikita' in the US remake)) and enjoy the subdued smooth acting of x-blaxploitation star Pamela Suzette 'Pam' Grier, Samuel L. Jackson and the always excellent Robert Forster.

'Saving Private Ryan' and BoB of course rocks - I agree.

Quote by Scout View Post

'Saving Private Ryan' and BoB of course rocks - I agree.
    Though the Monty and the Brits slagging off in both lessen what would otherwise be very enjoyable offerings IMHO.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Quote by Chopperman View Post

He's listed "The Guns of Navaone" at #8. --another movie I liked.
    Although it's to bad the movie could have been made as well
    as the book was written.
    The book was great. I liked the movie Force 10 from Navarone.

Well according to my wife(don't laugh , we all have one(girlfriend) I hope)!! The Eagle has landed stinks as she does not understand why Michael Caine does not have a german accent!!!???

All that said Jenny Agutter!!! Mmmmnnn (she's now old enough to be my mum, but what a mum!)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Just finished watching Iron Sky, has some funny scenes but overall, its a bad movie.
    But she is good
    Attached Images Attached Images

?

Quote by VolksJager View Post
    I found the The thin red line to be quite slow as well.
    Mindnumblingly boring.

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    I am surprised no one has mentioned Peral Harbor
    Utter poo IMO (falsely marketed bordering on the criminal as well).

Quote by Rudolf Karl View Post
    Here is a movie that I think should be in the "comedy" section. Bullets sprayed all over the place but the only bullet holes seem to be in the dead German soldiers. Also it's obvious that the German officers had to go through intensive training to be that dumb. I still watch it once in a while for giggles.
    (PIC)
    Rudy
    Oi, dont be steppin' on The Dirty Dozen
    I quite like Lee Marvin. He has made a several great movies and lets not forget that at a young age he left school to join the United
    States Marine Corps, serving as a Scout Sniper. The United States Marine Corps Scout
    and Sniper companies and the Scouts (Tank) companies of the tank battalions were the
    first amongst the division's reconnaissance assets. He joined the 4th Marine Division.
    Lee Marvin saw a lot of action during World War II. During the WWII Battle of Saipan
    Lee Marvin suffered serious injuries after he was shot multiple times in the buttocks
    area. The wounds severed his sciatic nerve.

His movies include the great 'Pointblank.' As for war movies, he was in the most excellent 'Hell In The Pacific.'

Lets not forget the sleeper 'The Big Red One,' which has an almost haunting ambience to it (did I just write that!!)

Quote by don_kihotis7 View Post
    Another one: Valkyrie
    Horrible, like most movies that Hollyweird midget is featured in.

Quote by lithgow View Post
    Tom Cruise's portrayal of von Stauffenberg as an anti Nazi was controversial and intended to make him a 'Hollywood Hero' for the film-it's notable that many of the films mentioned so far have been fairly recent US productions-the formula for which involves having a 'Goodie' hero or heroes doing things for the right reasons so that mass audiences have someone to root for regardless of actual events-this is to maximise the return for the makers (it's called 'Show Business').
    I concur.
    Stauffenberg has been elevated to martyrdom for what he did.
    People tend to forget that he was a soldier, who did what he thought best for Germany - not so much because he hated Hitler and loved the Allies. He certainly didnt do it for the Allies sake. He didnt like the way the war was going and made an attempt to change that.

Its a bit like saying Putin supported the West back in 9-11, because he loved the West. A fallacy to say the least.
    ...............but lets not get political here ;-)

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    That would be "Iron Sky". The trailers look promising indeed.
    One of the worst movies EVER.

Quote by DougB View Post
    While it's a terrible movie The Devils Brigade gets high marks from me for showing Canadians as tough, charming, thoughtful, handsome, witty, disciplined, and intelligent over the brawling, dimwitted Americans. Sort of a reflection of real life.

Joking of course.

Not all Canadians are handsome.
    Lmao atta boy Doug you know what they say you want something done right send a canadian :P

That amazon list had U 571 i actually quite enjoyed it mean some parts could of been better but i give the movie an a minus at least

Quote by crites1234 View Post
    Lmao atta boy Doug you know what they say you want something done right send a canadian :P
    I do not like where this is going....then will come along the American and the British and the ...... all saying the same thing.
    And the guy stepped on will be the Portuguese one

We discovered Brazil and half the World and still left some for the Spanish

Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast