Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast

Worst ww2 movie

Article about: Whats the worst ww2 movie you have ever seen? I have to say the latest ones i have seen have to be Bloodrayne third reich and war of resistance, really bad movies, bad script, bad actors, ev

Default Re: Worst ww2 movie

I have to say "Inglorious Bastards". I hated it, it was just american slaughtering Germans. I saw it in the cinema, and people laughed when they killed Germans, I was really shocked and kinda pissed off. I am not a Nazi, but I think that movie was just too much.
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

?

Quote by colletorww2 View Post
    I have to say "Inglorious Bastards". I hated it, it was just american slaughtering Germans. I saw it in the cinema, and people laughed when they killed Germans, I was really shocked and kinda pissed off. I am not a Nazi, but I think that movie was just too much.
    I agree with you but i dont hate it. I wouldent of liked to watch it in a cinema but at home it was an O.K movie IMO. but yeah it made the americans look like they were monsters cutting scalps and the such (wont say anymore in-case you havent watched it).

cheers,
    -Patrick

Here's a recent remake of Saving Private Ryan, it's called Shaving Ryan's Private (NO! NO! Not that one!!) but they appeared to have some problems with the budget.....

Never mind, it is without doubt the worst war movie ever......It's poo...Really.

Shaving Ryan's Private - YouTube

I'll get my coat, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I thought this forum was for discussen of military subjects not political rantiings. I persnally would prefer you keep your left wing rants to yourself. Thanks.
    Terry

ned never knew the armys would swap combat boots and camo for shorts and converse's hehe

tom

Quote by talltom View Post
    ned never knew the armys would swap combat boots and camo for shorts and converse's hehe

tom
    I know what you mean Tom, and that foxhole.....Looks like it was dug by the 'Crabs' (R.A.F.)!!!

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by Adrian View Post
    You could say that but in terms of an entertaining film you can't beat it. I think it's fair to say that SPR heralded a new era of war films in terms of cinematography and attention to detail. Yes, the plot could be called cheesy but it's a cameo story set against the backdrop of the D-Day landings, it isn't and never was meant to be a factually accurate film, it was a story set in a moment of time.
    Sure, I agree... Visually stimulating and beautifully shot... however, the plot is so far reaching and one-sided that I can't bring myself to watch it without being amazed at how this typical "Good Allied soldier" vs. the "Bad Nazi soldier" thing once again ruins a movie that initially had such potential.
    I wasn't expecting a "historically accurate" movie but SPR's just plain silly... at least if you're like me and actually value a good plot and an unbiased approach to movies that are set right in the middle of important and actual historical events.
    It's the obvious disconnect between this painstaking attention given to historically correct visual detail and the ultimately seriously lacking and flawed plot that really puts me off here.... in other words, not a fan

Quote by colletorww2 View Post

I am German myself. So, was I offended by Inglourious Basterds? Nope. Not one bit. I'll tell you why:

First of all, this is not meant to be a serious or realistic war movie.

Actually, it is not even really a film about World War II - It's a film about World War II films. This is what Tarantino does - He composes something new out of an odd blend of references, homages, quotes, in-jokes and clichés. Inglourious Basterds is his homage to classic war movies, specifically to that sub-genre commonly called "Dirty War Films" - whose most (in)famous example is The Dirty Dozen, but which is also rich with Italian exploitation flicks - films whose plotlines often involve rag-tag bands of ruthless soldiers out to carry out some nasty killing mission.

And as if to prove this point, just about everything and everybody in Basterds has something to do with the movie business: Shoshanna runs a cinema, Zoller is a movie buff-turned-war-hero-turned actor, Lieutenant Hickox was a film critic in civilian life, the German traitor Bridget von Hammersmark is a movie star, the mission to kill Hitler is codenamed "Operation Kino" (= Operation Cinema), the final act takes place at a movie premiere, Shoshanna's weapon of revenge are rolls of film stock etc. etc. Tarantino keeps rubbing in the fact that this is only a movie.

Now, of course, the film has quite a few moments of violence but this is hardly a surprise. Physical violence has always been a central motif of Tarantino's work and so it is here. One can accept this or have a problem with it, but again, it's what he does. When Michael Madsen tortured a cop in Reservoir Dogs, I did not take it as a call to violate law enforcement officers, and when the "Basterds" kill German soldiers, I don't take that as an anti-German statement.

What matters are not the killings, but the context in which they take place and the way the involved characters are portrayed. Oberfeldwebel Wilhelm and his comrades all get killed in that bar, but before that he was shown as just some ordinary guy wanting to celebrate the birth of his son and suddenly finding himself in this explosive gun battle. We feel sorry when he gets shot.
    Same with Rachtmann, the captured NCO clobbered to death with a baseball bat: He is portrayed as a disciplined, brave man who refuses to betray his comrades and retains his composure and military bearing until his last moments.
    Or, of course, Zoller, who is portrayed as a likeable but rather naive young man who only gets corrupted - to a degree - by Goebbels. We get the feeling that in another place and another time, he and Shoshanna really could have been together and the scene with their deaths at their mutual hands is a really sad and tragic moment.

(Sure, you had the really bad guys like Hellstrom and, of course, Hitler and Goebbels, who all come to a violent demise, but so what? I have no problem with that.)

To come to an end: I was not offended by Inglourious Basterds and one of the reasons for this is actually the fact that this film had well-written, well-played, believable German charactes, especially when compared to so many other war films. Truth be told, I find material like Hogan's Heroes where just about every German character is some kind of moron much more offensive.

PS: And of course, with Christoph Waltz as Hans Landa, Inglourious Basterds has one of the greatest performances ever!
    Last edited by HPL2008; 09-03-2011 at 11:40 PM.

?

well said. HPL

Bravo HPL, a perfect synopsis

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast