Become our sponsor and display your banner here

WW2 British Baby Gas Capsule

Article about: Hi All, This one is on Ebay UK and IMO is an excellent piece of WW2 memorabilia. Dated 1939. The buy it now price is very respectable I feel. If shipping to Tasmania was not so expensive for

Default WW2 British Baby Gas Capsule

Hi All,
    This one is on Ebay UK and IMO is an excellent piece of WW2 memorabilia.

$_57[1].jpg$_57[3].jpg

Dated 1939.

The buy it now price is very respectable I feel. If shipping to Tasmania was not so expensive for such a large item it would have been mine by now.
    I hope someone on this forum has an interest and purchases it for their collection.

All the best

Dave

Wow..I have never seen anything like it. What does it do..and is there a period photo that shows its use? I can not figure out heads or tails of how or what this was used for. I have no doubts of its authenticity...but what is a "Baby Gas Capsule?
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see. - Winston Churchill

?

I found this image online at a site called retronaut. It is titled "1940: nurse and baby in gas masks"

Most unusual.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Experienced guide and published author leading detailed study trips to the former KZ sites of Nazi Germany. Contact for further details.

www.concentrationcamptours.com

www.concentrationcampmoney.com

"maka akaŋl oyate maŋi pi ki le, tuweŋi wypeya oki hi sni"

?

Another site, called The Atlantic, has several interesting images showing the item in use.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Experienced guide and published author leading detailed study trips to the former KZ sites of Nazi Germany. Contact for further details.

www.concentrationcamptours.com

www.concentrationcampmoney.com

"maka akaŋl oyate maŋi pi ki le, tuweŋi wypeya oki hi sni"

Thanks Carl for the images you posted overnight ( Aussie) for Larry whilst I was in the world of nod.
    I think one of these would be a fantastic addition to any mask or WW2 British home front collection.

Thanks again gents

Dave