Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 Spitfire pilot Mary Ellis from Isle of Wight turns 100 !

Article about: Another amazing lady of ours !!! Happy Birthday !!!! WW2 Spitfire pilot Mary Ellis from Isle of Wight turns 100 - BBC News

Default WW2 Spitfire pilot Mary Ellis from Isle of Wight turns 100 !

Another amazing lady of ours !!!

Happy Birthday !!!!

Woman who flew spitfires during WWII celebrates her 100th | Daily Mail Online

Good on her!.....

Thanks for high lighting this, I have seen a few documentary's with Mary Ellis giving her memories of her time flying. As I am sure you will all know, ferrying brand new unarmed planes from the factories was no "cake walk", and until quite recently a very undervalued aspect of the war effort, especially considering the danger involved in flying brand new untested machinery with the risk of air attack. Leon.

?

That's great God bless her

Nice video, but she's forgotten to use her rearview mirror over the intervening years, that Spitfire on her 6 had got her cold! I actually remember seeing Mary at a reunion of ATA pilots held at RAF Cosford around 20 years ago, it's good to see she is still around and able to feel the wind beneath her wings again, magic!

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.