Become our sponsor and display your banner here

ww2 Victory bell

Article about: Hi, I had a chance to buy a nice ww2 victory bell on Saturday its in really good condition, i don,t think the bloke knew what it was he wanted 25.00 for it i asked if he would take less and

Default ww2 Victory bell

Hi,
    I had a chance to buy a nice ww2 victory bell on Saturday its in really good condition,
    i don,t think the bloke knew what it was he wanted 25.00 for it i asked if he would take less and got it for 22.00 so a good deal had. It has no text around it so im thinking it may be and early model, iv seen in pics most have text and a few without
    would i be right in thinking this is early or not.
    thanks Dave.

?

Photos would help

Is it melted down airplanes?
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Here's mine. If yours is in better condition than this, you got a real bargain. I paid twice that for this one and considered it cheap! The asking price seems to be around the 75 mark these days for one in decent shape.

IMG_1432[1].jpg

It does state on the outside of the bell that they were made from metal reclaimed from crashed German aircraft. Of course, that's not going to be pure aluminium, as they melted down most of the metal parts alongside the fuselage. There is some debate as to whether they are actually made from reclaimed metal, but they'd have had no reason to lie about it. All proceeds from the sales of these bells went to the RAF Benevolent Fund.

Is the clapper on yours intact? They're missing the majority of the time.

Regards, B.B.
    "Don't worry about the bullets, I've got an umbrella". - Major Digby Tatham-Warter

Interesting items.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Hi yeah the clapper is there yours is great im looking for one with the text around it now, mine needs a clean as it,s a bit dusty. But nice item to have il try and get pics up as my scanner is knackered.
    dave

Hi Jerry they were made from shot down German aircraft then sold for 1.00 each a lot in the war time i think, but nice to have they say there is a few different designs of them so i am looking for some more.
    dave.