Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

WWI militaria prices

Article about: Hello. With the coming of the centenary of WWI approaching, I was wondering whether now is the time to buy WWI militaria as I suppose that their values will surely go up in the coming months

Default WWI militaria prices

Hello.

With the coming of the centenary of WWI approaching, I was wondering whether now is the time to buy WWI militaria as I suppose that their values will surely go up in the coming months. A lot of material, such as trench art, already commands a premium, so do you think that the more common items will also go up in price or stay much the same. I am thinking of buying a WWI EKII, these are priced around £50 - £60 at the moment. Should I grab one while I can now or would I be OK waiting?

Photo shows my WWI items; two British medals and my German M17 relic.
    Last edited by Alexander; 03-05-2012 at 08:00 PM.

Default Re: WWI militaria prices

I am sure prices will rise. Now if they stay at that level once interest has peaked, I don't know?

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

If you are looking for a quick turnaround investment, personally I don't think the centenary will make prices rise much, if at all.

Just my cynical side

?

I've seen 3 relic M16-17 helmets sell in the range of ~150 euros in the last 5 days; and they were in much worse shape then the one you have. Hope that helps.

Nitram

Thanks for the answers.

Not looking for an investment or quick profit, just thinking about getting some nice items before they may increase in price.

I paid half that for my M17 shell last year, its a Q66 with its original liner ring but, sadly, no liner.

It's now a worldwide market especially for small valuable items-our govt (Australia) is putting a great deal of effort into recognizing the centenary in 2014 and as interest here has been increasing over the last 10 years or more in any case expect prices to rise.