Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

WWII Homefront Victory Keys

Article about: WWII Homefront "V" Victory Keys were produced during the war years in two sections, as is aparant from the diagram and photos. This was done to help conserve brass, which was in sh

Default WWII Homefront Victory Keys

WWII Homefront "V" Victory Keys were produced during the war years in two sections, as is aparant from the diagram and photos. This was done to help conserve brass, which was in short demand; the upper section is brass and the lower section was in steel. These were produced for both home use and for automobile keys. I can recall these from when I was a young lad during the wartime period.

The first photo is of key blanks that were for manufacture of home keys showing both sides - Second photo is a closeup - third photo is of ones produced for automobile keys showing both sides (blanks for Chrysler Dodge Plymouth Desoto 1943 to 1948) - last photo is of the diagram showing the construction of the keys. I'm not certain as to what the numbers in the diagram indicate.

$(KGrHqF,!q0FCzVFlZGqBQ9MQrKf6g~~60_57x.jpg$(KGrHqR,!q4FDm3rluK3BQ9MQH0F1Q~~60_57X.jpg468245227_o.jpg$(KGrHqN,!hMFCwfIm0RtBQ9MQ6E32Q~~60_57.jpg
    Last edited by Richard Kimmel; 03-30-2014 at 02:22 PM.

I remember seeing these things-they almost always ended up coming apart! Nice find!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

It has to be said you can easily imagine putting it in the ignition and turning it to hear it go 'SNAP!!' at the most inoppurtune moment such as when leaving a bank with a shooter and sacks of not your cash or after shinning down a drainpipe swiftly followed by your lady friends ex professional heavyweight boxing champion husband......Bummer.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

a cracker Ned.LOL

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    a cracker Ned.LOL
    It's the way he tells 'em!.....

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    It's the way he tells 'em!.....
    I met Frank Carson once in Spain. He was an ex Para don't you know. He's wearing wings of a different kind now though....
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Sorry gentlemen, but I made an error in my initial posting. The material used for the upper half of the key is BRASS, and not COPPER as I had stated. I made the correction in the posting. Thanks for your understanding.