Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Y-strap question

Article about: How does one tell the difference in types of y-straps, such as luftwaffe, or Wehrmacht? Any info is much appritiated

Default Y-strap question

How does one tell the difference in types of y-straps, such as luftwaffe, or Wehrmacht?
    Any info is much appritiated

?

Don't know if there is a difference in LW and WH Y- straps. If a Y-strap is stamped "LBA"( Luftwaffe Bekleidungs Amt) it will be a LW one. Other than that i can't tell

Regards, Lars

I dont know if this helps you in any way, but I have found a lot of Y straps in old farms here. I have noticed some WH Y straps have the top D-ring in a angel. These turned out to be ealy war, or even pre-war straps. I also found brown leather straps without the smaller belts, so like a three belt piece, and these turned out to be Luftwaffe, or rather FJ. Also I found differnet material for the buckles, aluminium and steel.
    I even found canvas Y straps, normaly for the Afrika Corps, but I find them in Belgium in a barn.

I also recommend checking any Y-strap for manufacturer and date stamps, as they were produced for the German police postwar as well...
    cheers, Glenn

What branch Would you guys think these to be?
    Attached Images Attached Images