MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Yesterday I met the Grim Reaper...

Article about: by Jerry B Depends on which way you look at it, lucky to survive so many crashes, though luckier not to have it happen in the first place? Kripes! Perhaps you were a cat in a past life and s

Default Re: Yesterday I met the Grim Reaper...

Just good to hear there was no major harm to either of you. I was not so fortunate and ended up in traction for a few months.
    My car looked pretty much like yours after...
    We have strict cellphone usage laws whilst driving down here, but they're not properly enforced.
    Any given day you see the traffic police violating the laws themselves and down here it's pretty much an attitude of monkey see, monkey do....

Tom

Woah Nick, lucky to have walked away. Looks like that Ford took a real beating. Glad for you and your family that you made it through that one. Cell phone drivers are horrible here where I live, the "soccer parents" drive huge SUV's while talking on the phone, putting on makeup, shoving chesseburgers in their mouths, and smacking the kids all at the same time. Then they give you dirty looks when you honk to warn them they are coming into your lane. The texters are even worse.

Nick: What an awful way to start your day and a much worse way to end it. Glad you walked and weren't carried away. What did the idiots do before they had cell phones? It seems that some people get into a car and immediately have an uncontrollable urge, or an absolute, totally compelling necessity to call someone. We all are glad that you are OK, car's a tad wrinkled though and I do't think Bondo Repair Paste will work this time. Dwight

Glad to hear you're both ok. A lucky escape and a testament to the strength of the cars they build nowadays.

I sincerely hope the guy that was on his phone gets the book thrown at him. They is no excuse for it at all. I stopped the woman two doors up as she pulled out of HER DRIVE on the phone ! Told her she had 2 seconds to end the call or I'd report her........as I had to stop with my 3 year old on her bike as she didn't see us on the path !!!

Also stopped a ranger at the local park as he drove along the park path crowded with people. Stood in front of his Land Rover. He stopped, got out, asked me what my problem was so I told him. He claimed that because it was a private road he could do what he liked. I admitted that was true, but wondered how his superiors would feel. Two or three other people then joined in.......suffice to say he ended the call.

I've also stopped two women leaving their parking space at the school my daughter attends, advising them to put their damn phone down. I mean......on school grounds for heaven's sake !

As you can tell, I HATE people being on the phone whilst driving, and this is exactly why.

Hope the whiplash isn't too bad.

Good one Nick, you are a lucky man which you know, part of my job is clearing messes like this and I have been to many that were not as bad as this where they did not walk away good fortune my friend, you were blessed by an angel that day
    Ben

Nick:
    Glad you are ok.
    Yes someone is watching over you for sure.
    We have this problem here in the states also with phones and texting.
    We live in a world with a lot of stupid people that think when the phone rings they have too Answer it no matter where they are.
    Not thinking they me be indangering others lives.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Good to hear you walked away from this crash mate and I know what such an occurrence is like, having been in a head on collision last August when a car tried to overtake on my side of the road and there was nowhere to go and not enough time to stop. Thankfully in my case the speeds were only about 40-45 MPH for each vehicle and no one was hurt, though the other driver is disputing it was her fault and as there were no independent witnesses it has not been resolved yet, the lying B#tch!!!

At least in your case they should be able to check his phone records which will show he was using it at the time of the crash.

I have had more than my fair share of near death experiences in my time, being hit by a bus when I was 5, then in a head on crash with a car on a moped when I was 16, then aged 18 in a head on crash into a car whilst a pillion on a motorcycle when it tried to turn across the road without indicating, I spent a month in hospital with that one, shattering my hip, breaking my femur, 4 ribs and a shoulder blade all on my left side and smashing the helmet I had on into pieces. Also been hit twice by cars whilst on a Motorbike, and been in head on car crashes into a brick wall and into a telegraph pole. I cannot remember the amount of times I have had near misses, though some of them still chill me when I think of them.

I always think I have been lucky, though it would probably have been luckier not to have experienced any of these incidents.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Glad that you're okay!!
    cheers, Glenn

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Good to hear you walked away from this crash mate and I know what such an occurrence is like, having been in a head on collision last August when a car tried to overtake on my side of the road and there was nowhere to go and not enough time to stop. Thankfully in my case the speeds were only about 40-45 MPH for each vehicle and no one was hurt, though the other driver is disputing it was her fault and as there were no independent witnesses it has not been resolved yet, the lying B#tch!!!

At least in your case they should be able to check his phone records which will show he was using it at the time of the crash.

I have had more than my fair share of near death experiences in my time, being hit by a bus when I was 5, then in a head on crash with a car on a moped when I was 16, then aged 18 in a head on crash into a car whilst a pillion on a motorcycle when it tried to turn across the road without indicating, I spent a month in hospital with that one, shattering my hip, breaking my femur, 4 ribs and a shoulder blade all on my left side and smashing the helmet I had on into pieces. Also been hit twice by cars whilst on a Motorbike, and been in head on car crashes into a brick wall and into a telegraph pole. I cannot remember the amount of times I have had near misses, though some of them still chill me when I think of them.

I always think I have been lucky, though it would probably have been luckier not to have experienced any of these incidents.
    Jerry is your nickname Lucky?.....

WOW Nick! Sorry to hear about your accident but glad to hear that you are ok.
    Take care,

Luke

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast