MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Yesterday I met the Grim Reaper...

Article about: by Jerry B Depends on which way you look at it, lucky to survive so many crashes, though luckier not to have it happen in the first place? Kripes! Perhaps you were a cat in a past life and s

?

Default Re: Yesterday I met the Grim Reaper...

S##T a proverbial brick Nick , thats one hell of a lucky escape from serious injury, if you were both travelling at 70mph then the impact speed was 140 mph, and theres not many that walk away from that kind of crash , ive dealt with fatal vehicle crashes at much lesser speeds. You had better start doing the lottery, you have the luck of the gods on your side, im glad your ok , a car can always be replaced , take it easy for the next few days as you could experience a delayed shock reaction , take care mate and all the best, Dave

?

Glad that you are ok! Damn people with their phones, i'm starting drivers ed this summer and this is what scares me..
    Ryan

Glad you are OK. From the looks of the crash,
    It could have turned out much worse.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Wow Nick! I just saw this thread, you did very well to walk away from this mate, grab yourself a lottery ticket. We were t boned by an idiot who ran a red light in October last year, I can very much sympathize with you mate.

Guys, thank you all for your kind comments! means alot

@Ned, I see I made the news then !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

I overtook a white van man on the M62 the other day. I thought his driving was a bit erratic, so I speeded up to get away from him. As I passed, I could see him texting on his phone. An absolute arsehole!

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    I overtook a white van man on the M62 the other day. I thought his driving was a bit erratic, so I speeded up to get away from him. As I passed, I could see him texting on his phone. An absolute arsehole!
    How the f*** can anyone text and drive ????

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    How the f*** can anyone text and drive ????

Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Just seen this!! Glad you’re ok Nick!!!

An uncle of mine was killed in a head on crash in 1989, he was on his way to Skelmersdale, had recently just set up his own electrical manufacturing business

Just proves how much difference 24 years of advances in car safety have made, he may have survived if it happened recently god rest his soul

Take it easy, will dig out that action man stuff out this weekend!

EDIT: It was not my uncles fault, some D*CKHE*D overtook on a blind bend, my uncle was killed instantly

Quote by Totenhead View Post
    Just seen this!! Glad you’re ok Nick!!!

An uncle of mine was killed in a head on crash in 1989, he was on his way to Skelmersdale, had recently just set up his own electrical manufacturing business

Just proves how much difference 24 years of advances in car safety have made, he may have survived if it happened recently god rest his soul

Take it easy, will dig out that action man stuff out this weekend!
    Thanks mate !

Sorry to hear about your Uncles accident

Nick

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast