Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Your Christmas List?

Article about: by Glenn66 I would like a job... i want a better one tom

Default Your Christmas List?

Believe it or not, Christmas is right around the corner (This year has flown by, hasn't it?!)!

I was wondering what militaria items you fine ladies and gents have on your wish list?

My girlfriend spilled the beans that she got me a Russian capture K98, so I want accessories and ammo for that! I'd also like some bits and pieces to complete some items I have. For example, a chinstrap for my Canadian MkII helmet, straps for my German gasmask can... I'd also love a nice salty looking silver infantry assault badge. Who knows if I'll get this stuff, but it's nice to dream, isn't it?

Also, would it be possible to start up a secret santa among the members of the forum? Secret Santa partners would be chosen at random, and they'd have to send their partner a secret gift that costs an agreed upon amount (could be a gag gift, could be a little piece of militaria, etc.). At the end of the holiday season, we would reveal who our Secret Santa partners were... What do you guys think?

Default Re: Your Christmas List?

my lists very long mainly bundeswehr stuff and i can see where your going with the secret santa thing the only flaw is that a lot of people on this forum are spread out across the world so the problem i see would be shiping expenses if one person got another person in the same country thats alright but lets say you in america had rene in australia it would cost more to ship a bit of bubblegum than the bubblegum cost in the first place (its still a good idea)

tom

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post

Believe it or not, Christmas is right around the corner (This year has flown by, hasn't it?!)!

I was wondering what militaria items you fine ladies and gents have on your wish list?

My girlfriend spilled the beans that she got me a Russian capture K98, so I want accessories and ammo for that! I'd also like some bits and pieces to complete some items I have. For example, a chinstrap for my Canadian MkII helmet, straps for my German gasmask can... I'd also love a nice salty looking silver infantry assault badge. Who knows if I'll get this stuff, but it's nice to dream, isn't it?

Also, would it be possible to start up a secret santa among the members of the forum? Secret Santa partners would be chosen at random, and they'd have to send their partner a secret gift that costs an agreed upon amount (could be a gag gift, could be a little piece of militaria, etc.). At the end of the holiday season, we would reveal who our Secret Santa partners were... What do you guys think?
    I have a long list of wants, but I am trying to buy a house at the moment so I don't think I'll be buying anything (unless it's very cheap) for a while.

By the way, I have a set of unissued gas mask can straps!

Regards,

Jerry
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by talltom View Post
    my lists very long mainly bundeswehr stuff and i can see where your going with the secret santa thing the only flaw is that a lot of people on this forum are spread out across the world so the problem i see would be shiping expenses if one person got another person in the same country thats alright but lets say you in america had rene in australia it would cost more to ship a bit of bubblegum than the bubblegum cost in the first place (its still a good idea)

tom
    I figured it was worth the suggestion. Maybe we could divide it up among forum members from the same country?

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    I figured it was worth the suggestion. Maybe we could divide it up among forum members from the same country?
    that might work

tom

As I don't get out to shop militaria much, without the kid by my side, I'm kind of stuck surfing eBay and a few other on-line sites for little tidbits to suprise the kid with for Xmas. I've got a few ideas in my head and have picked up a few odds and ends however, I can't share them here until after xmas as I think the kid snoops around my threads now...... I SEE YOU MY SON!!!! Maybe I should get him a WWII issued lump of coal for trying to spoil his treats.

As for me, well I've got a couple helmets on my wish list but I don't think anyone here in this household will be throwing the kind of money out for what's on my wish list, I think they are going to be retirement projects!

Dear Santa

I have been good all year!

For Christmas I would like a DKiS !

Please put one in my stocking!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

I would like a job...

?

I would like a Realm war flag of the imperial navy of the Minesweeper boat M 136,
    But who knows what dad (or santa ) will bring!

cheers,
    pat

The picture of Santa with a PPSh-41... I got one of those for Christmas three years ago, I wonder if it's the same one??

Mat

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast