Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

your favourite...........

Article about: by carltiger if I can escape the puddle of drool around my feet that has appeared since I saw Nick's Deutsches Kreuz... Regards, Carl ahh yes i have a similar problem but im swimming around

Default Re: your favourite...........

very nice mat looks brilliant

tom

Thanks! By the way Tom, I'm very envious of the MG-34... I'm hoping a day will come when I can afford any German guns! Right now, I'm just collecting Soviet guns while they're affordable.

Mat

Here is mine. My Uncle was in the 23rd Inf. Reg., 2nd ID, landed on D-Day, and was a BAR man throughout the Normandy and Brittany campaigns until his 3rd wound sent him home. I try to buy any 2nd ID helmets that I see, and have a fair number on my shelf. This one is the best of them all. Jim G.
    Attached Images Attached Images

thats a brilliant helmet jim what happened to your uncles helmet?

tom

?

While I mainly collect WW II RCAF, my favorite piece of militaria from that area has to be my Luftwaffe Fliegerbluse. My Father-in-Law, who passed away this past April, gave it to me back in the mid 80's and that was my incentive to start collecting.

Luftwaffe Shoulder Board.JPGDSCF0088.JPGLuftwaffe Eagle.JPGDSCF0089.JPGLuftwaffe Pilot Badge.JPGDSCF0087.JPGDSCF0086.JPGFliegerblouse 2.JPGMaker's Label.JPG[ATTACH=CONFIG]252001[/ATTACH

Quote by talltom View Post
    thats a brilliant helmet jim what happened to your uncles helmet?

tom
    It was left on the battlefield in Brest. He was hit in the head, hand and chest with MG fire on September 14, 1944. He survived and we just lost him 3 years ago. Towards the end of his life he spoke to me about the War many times, and said that while in France his squad, which after D-day usually numbered 6 or 7 at most (rather than the prescribed 12) turned over 4 or 5 times at least, and all of his friends were wounded or killed long before he got out of combat. He told me that within a day or 2 of the landing he was sure that he was going to die in battle. Once, to my surprise, told me in tears that the day he got wounded was the happiest day of his life - he was going to get out of that hell and LIVE. We miss him terribly. Jim G.

very nice gary looks brilliant

tom

jim im sure you miss him greatly horrible places to get hit he must have been a true hero

tom

keep these amazing items coming
    heres link to my mg34 thread https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/firea...e/mg34-107103/

tom

My favorite by far is a document and photo grouping that belonged to the Chief of the Chancellery of the Fuehrer of the NSDAP Philipp Bouhler. This man was Adolf Hitler's head secretary. One of the men who interrogated him was John Thomas, the owner of the photographs of post-liberation Dachau that were also found with the grouping.

The best part is, I found it in an antique mall and it only cost me $40!

I love all of your stuff, guys. Jim, that is a fantastic 2nd I.D. helmet.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast