Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

1940 MOVIE PHOTOS THE FIGHTING 69th

Article about: Remember these two in the movie????.............Dave H

Smile 1940 MOVIE PHOTOS THE FIGHTING 69th

Remember these two in the movie????.............Dave H
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1940 MOVIE PHOTOS THE FIGHTING 69th   1940 MOVIE PHOTOS THE FIGHTING 69th  

?

Default Re: 1940 MOVIE PHOTOS THE FIGHTING 69th

Oh yeah, bad guy made good, bloody good film and i believe all the uniforms and helmets were original items

Very nice........ I remember from the movie THE FIGHTING 69th.... Pluckett shooting the STOKES Mortar at the end,, what a great movie....There is a National Forest Here in NC called The Joyce Kilmer national Fortest....BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

?

I remember the film, I should do, there is a copy of it sitting on the shelf in the living room! Brilliant film, if a little "gung ho" at times.

Regards etc

Ian D

Quote by davejb View Post
    Oh yeah, bad guy made good, bloody good film and i believe all the uniforms and helmets were original items
    Ive seen the movie on DVD many times and I think they are wearing fake Hollywood prop helmets, in some scenes you can see

the shape of the brim looks too flat, real helmets have a slight slope around the brim, they probably used light weight fiberglass prop helmets, you can tell because when they move around the helmets look too light when they handle it while putting it on and taking it off, etc

?

Im not too sure but i think youll find that fibre glass wasnt invented that early, especially for film props

I have not seen that film for well over 25 years.

I suspect the helmets could have been papier mache?

Cheers, Ade.

U.S. WWI DOUGHTBOY HELMET WAR MOVIE MILITARY - eBay (item 380143360530 end time Aug-21-10 09:29:09 PDT)

this helmet was used in the making of many WWI AND EARLY WWII movies such as ' BATTAN ', 'WAKE ISLAND' and many others. We are showing several pictures of this helmet to give you a good idea of the guality. The helmet is made of a type of fiber glass material. Not many of these servived the many years of filming. They were used in the background scenes

here's an example of the type of helmet they used
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1940 MOVIE PHOTOS THE FIGHTING 69th   1940 MOVIE PHOTOS THE FIGHTING 69th  

Attached Images Attached Images 1940 MOVIE PHOTOS THE FIGHTING 69th 

Okay, now you've made me look for the movie again. lol