Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

1941 US army induction certificate

Article about: way back at the beginning of 2010 i won this certificate off ebay at the time i could not find any info on the guy named on it......................until today i decided to have a look &

?

Cool 1941 US army induction certificate

way back at the beginning of 2010 i won this certificate off ebay at the time i could not find any info on the guy named on it......................until today i decided to have a look & his name finally turned up in the records & it looks like his activity during WW2 saw him in North Africa, Sicily & Italy

http://aad.archives.gov/aad/record-d...,3735449735521

World War II Honoree
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1941 US army induction certificate   1941 US army induction certificate  

1941 US army induction certificate   1941 US army induction certificate  

1941 US army induction certificate  

?

Default Re: 1941 US army induction certificate

forget the link to the WW2 memorial site as ive been told thats a different john l blair but the same person that told me that also gave me this info

This vintage copy of the Historical and Pictorial Review of the 117th Infantry, 30th Infantry Division of the Army of the United States, certifies Private First Class John L. Blair, as of December 1, 1941, is a member of Medical Detachment. Mr. Blair is pictured on page 104, second row, second from left. The text is rife with information and history, but the real interest is the photographs--men at work, men at play, men on maneuvers, and men going off to war. In excellent condition considering its age, this book offers detailed insight into the skills and resonsibilities of the 117th in the air and on the ground as it prepared for War in Europe, Africa, and the Middle East. Note: Sergeant Blair survived and was released from active duty on June 30, 1945. He eventually married and settled in Chattanooga, TN, w he owned and operated Agnew Hardware.
    30th Infrantry Division Yearbook, Fort Jackson, 1941