Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

1944 news paper

Article about: I have just come across this news paper dated 1944. printed by the the sun. it shows what was going on up to 1944. but this paper is not mine i found it a junk store. and i thought it would

Default 1944 news paper

I have just come across this news paper dated 1944. printed by the the sun. it shows what was going on up to 1944. but this paper is not mine i found it a junk store. and i thought it would be nice to frame the maps. the guy who owns it said i can take to find out if it is a post war print or war time.
    and i would like to ask if anyone would be able to help. and i cant come up with a price. i would like to buy these papers. so he said take them and come back with a price. i would be realy greatfull if some can help thanks mark.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1944 news paper   1944 news paper  

1944 news paper   1944 news paper  

1944 news paper   1944 news paper  

1944 news paper  

What is on the front cover? Or is it missing? The topic of the front cover sometimes affects the value of old newspapers.

Of course, it's an original newspaper and not a postwar reprint, but Unfortunately, it's not in very good condition and as such doesn't really have much value, so offer the owner accordingly. It doesn't appear to be a complete newspaper in any case, but just a section from one. It would probably be good enough to press flat and frame the map, if you'd like, but not much more. Remember, newspapers had a Very Large circulation, so it's not too scarce. Especially Special Editions like these-people tended to save them.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Ok thanks guys for looking and helping i just dident want to stufff him around on price he is a nice guy and i like them just wanted to frame and add to collection. but whats there is all that there is. ive been asked to do a display of my stuff next year and think the paper will add to it. i have some papers that came out post war that look much the same. thanks mark.

I wouldn't mind a read of that,I love old newspapers.I found some old pages from the 50's when replacing a carpet in the spare room,it had a story on whether they were going to put Nuclear reactors on the QE2.I really like the map and portrait sketches in this one,no idea of price,interesting though.

Jon