Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

240th M.P. Bn. - FDR's Ornaments

Article about: I recently attended a World War II reenactment at the Home of Franklin D. Roosevelt and Presidential Library in Hyde Park, New York. I met a group of National Park Service employees who are

X

Photo copyright issue...
    Last edited by GIZMO8Z; 09-08-2014 at 06:55 PM.

We had our first living history event this past weekend as a unit! Overall, it was very well received by the public!

240th M.P. Bn. - FDR's Ornaments240th M.P. Bn. - FDR's Ornaments240th M.P. Bn. - FDR's Ornaments240th M.P. Bn. - FDR's Ornaments240th M.P. Bn. - FDR's Ornaments240th M.P. Bn. - FDR's Ornaments240th M.P. Bn. - FDR's Ornaments240th M.P. Bn. - FDR's Ornaments240th M.P. Bn. - FDR's Ornaments240th M.P. Bn. - FDR's Ornaments

?

Great pic's Joe. LOOKING GOOD.
    So how long before you get a promotion?
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Great pic's Joe. LOOKING GOOD.
    So how long before you get a promotion?
    Semper Fi
    Phil
    Thanks, Phil! We are currently a group of 6 and I'm the 3rd in command as a T5 Corporal!!

We are having fun, learning lots/ improving our impressions with each passing day, and doing our best to educate the public!

Fhbw34
    ?

I'm so glad I came across this thread. I believe my grandfather served in this division. He passed away when my father was very young so my father doesn't have a lot of information. My grandmother only shared little details about his life. We have seen a photograph of her at a party at the estate but that is all we know. I know my father would love to know more. Do you have any information on who to contact to see if we can find out more about his time there? Years, his duties etc.

Thanks for the reply... So sorry it took me so long to respond!

Information on the 240th Military Police Battalion is very scarce... I know the Hyde Park, NY historical society has a tiny display which includes photos, documents, and artifacts (uniforms, etc.) in their small museum. There is also some information in the archives at the F.D. Roosevelt Birthplace and Presidential Library National Historic Park in Hyde Park, NY. I can contact my unit CO (who is a Park Ranger at the site) and/or the unit XO (who works in the Presidential Library) regarding your grandfather. Do you have any information or documents/ photos from your grandfather's time in the service? Anything that we can use to improve our impressions and research is greatly appreciated!

Please send me a PM with your grandfather's name and any other information you may have and I'll forward it to my CO/XO!

Here are some updated photos from our most recent events:
    240th M.P. Bn. - FDR's Ornaments240th M.P. Bn. - FDR's Ornaments240th M.P. Bn. - FDR's Ornaments240th M.P. Bn. - FDR's Ornaments240th M.P. Bn. - FDR's Ornaments240th M.P. Bn. - FDR's Ornaments

Default Information hunt.

240th M.P. Bn. - FDR's Ornaments My grandfather was a SSGT with the 240th. He went to Fort Ord after FDR died. My grandmother was in Hyde Park with him and their scrapbooks are now part of the collection at the NHS. One thing I am trying to find out more information on is a Waltham 24 pocket watch my grandfather had in his possession. It was passed down through my uncle to me. Can anyone on this thread help me figure out why he would have had a pocket watch designed for aviation crews? I know the stats on the watch just need to figure out why my grandpa had it and how he got it. I’ll post photo in the thread.

?

Just possibly, Because he was an MP and when they write reports or incidents up ,they record the exact time of said offense/incident.
    They are a precise bunch!!!
    Was it carried while on duty/service or picked up post war?
    Just my 2 centavos on the subject.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast