Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

? Allied propaganda leaflet 100,000 Mark reward Fritz Gaudel

Article about: hi, I wonder if anyone can tell me if this leaflet is an Allied propaganda leaflet. It appears to be a wanted leaflet for Fritz Gaudel but I can't find any reference to such a person and the

Default ? Allied propaganda leaflet 100,000 Mark reward Fritz Gaudel

hi, I wonder if anyone can tell me if this leaflet is an Allied propaganda leaflet. It appears to be a wanted leaflet for Fritz Gaudel but I can't find any reference to such a person and the photo looks exactly like Fritz Sauckel who was hanged in 1946 for war crimes. The leaflet has no reference number which is unlike most Allied propaganda leaflets.

Any suggestions please

thanks

Dave
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ? Allied propaganda leaflet 100,000 Mark reward Fritz Gaudel  

Yes; it's an allied propaganda leaflet. It doesn't say "Fritz Gaudel", but Fritz Sauckel. It translates as:

"100,000 Marks reward!

Nightly murder of women!

56 women are murdered every night.

The name of the murderer is Fritz Sauckel, Gauleiter and Governor of Thuringia, General Plenipotentiary for Labor Deployment.

Sauckel commits murder by forcing German women and girls into night work and slave-driving them until their exhaustion causes them to fall victim to work accidents.

According to the national accident statistics, 236,700 work accidents of female workers occurred in the month of October 1942; 187,360 of which between 8 P.M. and 6 A.M. Out of these 187,360 women who had suffered accidents during night work, 1,736 lost their lives. That is, 56 women every night.

Every night, 56 women get murdered by Sauckel.

Sauckel, the murderer of women, must be stopped!
    "

thats excellent HPL and of course it now makes a lot more sense. I don't suppose you know whether it was a British, US, Russian leaflet?

many thanks, dave

Quote by rrickoshae View Post
    I don't suppose you know whether it was a British, US, Russian leaflet?
    Sorry, no idea.

thank you anyway, at least I know what it is. And strangely, looking at all the paper 'stuff' I have I found a leaflet printed on behalf of Fritz Sauckel encouraging (foreign) workers to work harder to avoid becoming enslaved and hungry (well at least I think thats what it said!)

regards, dave

Its a British leaflet code Q.3 actually dropped via balloon in September 1943 by the P.W.E or Political Warfare Executive

nice one historyman, thats excellent information. Thank you

Dave