MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

American Document Question...

Article about: I just watched 6 buyers get into a bidding war over this paper, and I'd like to know what they saw that I don't see, as I've got one of these from the HMT Queen Elizabeth...thanks, friends!

Default American Document Question...

I just watched 6 buyers get into a bidding war over this paper, and I'd like to know what they saw that I don't see, as I've got one of these from the HMT Queen Elizabeth...thanks, friends!
    cheers, Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture American Document Question...  

I can only imagine these were simply disposed of quickly making them scarce. What level did the bidding reach? Ordinary paper items rarely reach great heights. NH

It sold for $45...unusual for what appears to be a common US paper item...
    cheers, Glenn

I agree -very high for such a document. I will hazard a guess that the high bidder has a special interest in the 2nd Division. NH

Perhaps, or the name of the soldier!
    In France, every time they find one item and they can have the name of the soldier, after they look after all about his name.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Here's mine...Apparently his comrades added their signatures to the reverse...
    Thank you all for your input, friends!
    cheers, Glenn
    Attached Images Attached Images American Document Question...  American Document Question... 

Interesting! Here they look after the vets.
    Last year a frien found one US water bottle, with the name of the soldier. He found that this man was alived and last year the vet came to France and my friend gave him back this(his) bottle.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/