Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

ANZAC Day

Article about: Terrific mate! Over 50 000 people attended the dawn service in Kings Park here in W.A. We went to our local RSL for the service as we have a seven year old daughter and it is just too busy i

Default Re: ANZAC Day

Nice pictures.
    chris

This might be the wrong thread to ask this but, do any of you boys have any plans for ANZAC Day 2015? I plan to attend the dawn service in Albany, I think it will an incredible place to be on that day, second only to Gallipoli and maybe France.

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    This might be the wrong thread to ask this but, do any of you boys have any plans for ANZAC Day 2015? I plan to attend the dawn service in Albany, I think it will an incredible place to be on that day, second only to Gallipoli and maybe France.
    I agree it would be a very special location,i hope the WA powers have something planned to commerate and celebrate the day.
    All embarkation points should do the same.
    Mick

It is planned as a big one Mick, I'm looking at booking our accommodation later this year if possible, any closer to the event and I reckon I'd have buckleys as there have been plenty of people talking about it for months now.

4md
    ?

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    And one last pic, my uncle, Sgt Jack Briggs 2/4th Australian Machine Gun Battalion, the bloke out front in the photo. He is also the man pictured in my avatar.
    Excellent Photo!!

Very nice thread, Mick!

I'm in awe that your veterans are treated to such a special day, it's very nice and well deserved. I wouldn't expect anything less from Australia, a truly classy and humble place. You Aussies are a great bunch and I'm glad to call some of you personal friends!

Mark

ANZAC day is the most emotional day of the yearfor me.thanks for posting the pictures of the fathers of our country

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456