Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

ANZAC Day

Article about: Terrific mate! Over 50 000 people attended the dawn service in Kings Park here in W.A. We went to our local RSL for the service as we have a seven year old daughter and it is just too busy i

Default ANZAC Day

As its ANZAC day tomorrow i thought i might share a few photos of the Boys that went off to war in WW1,many of which never came back and some of early ANZAC day parades here in Australia.
    LEST WE FORGET
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ANZAC Day   ANZAC Day  

ANZAC Day   ANZAC Day  

ANZAC Day   ANZAC Day  

Default Re: ANZAC Day

Lest we forget

Great images! They are all in our thoughts

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

just gone away for a short while,bless em all.

Gone but never truely forgotten.............Jake.

As a member of the US Army Reserves I spent three weeks in your Country in 2003 to celebrate the 100th Anniversary of the formation of the Australia Reserve Forces Medical Services. I must say the Australian people are very friendly and generous! One of the we marched in was in celebration of Anzac Day and I feel honored to have participated.

CSM T. McGarry

Glad you liked it Mate,
    The way we feel about the ANZAC Day march,is ingrained and we feel honored to have our Allies remember with us.
    Cheers Mick

Well done Mick.

AIF
    ?

Hope you guys all had a great Anzac day!! I did the dawn service this morning and went to the march during the day... The turn out was more than impressive with over a thousand people crammed into the dawn service as always a moving experience being there watching the sun rise over the palm trees on the beach.

Thought I would share a picture of some of the people I was there for today... My Grandmothers brothers and sisters, uncle Laurie served in the 2/16th and uncle Owen served in the 2/48th they were fortunate to have survived the war but are sadly no longer with us today but I try to keep their memory alive.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ANZAC Day  

AIF
    ?

And my uncle Keith who sadly never made it home and died at such a young age defending England ...Lest We Forget
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ANZAC Day  

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast