Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

ARP cigarette card album

Article about: just to share this card album ive recently picked up it has a signed foreword by the then home secretary sir samuel hoare wether this is a facsimile im not sure it also is the name jean edwa

Default ARP cigarette card album

just to share this card album ive recently picked up it has a signed foreword by the then home secretary sir samuel hoare wether this is a facsimile im not sure it also is the name jean edwards and a date of 1938 priced at one penny ,the album has all the cards present and ive taken a few brief pictures of the inside pages ARP cigarette card albumARP cigarette card albumARP cigarette card albumARP cigarette card albumARP cigarette card albumARP cigarette card albumARP cigarette card albumARP cigarette card albumARP cigarette card albumARP cigarette card albumARP cigarette card album
    Regards James

Hi James, I have never seen one of these before (only the odd single card), a great find. A fascinating insight into that period of Home Front war. Makes me laugh though that you could fall asleep in the sofa after smoking all those fags to collect the full album and burn your own house down without the help of the Luftwaffe!! Leon.

A nice item James and rare to see a complete set in my experience. The home secs signature would be a facsimile.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

A nice item for "Home front" enthusiasts !!! .....
    Not an expensive item, but very evocative of the build up to war in the eyes of British public.

thanks leon ,i too have had the odd card in the past but this full album was to good to pass up and your comment put a smile on my face come to think of it there is a card with dealing with incendiary devices ill check if this covers cigarettes too thanks for clarification of the signature Jerry i had to ask the question and thanks gary your right it wasnt to harsh on the wallet
    cheers james
    Regards James

Another example for sale here if anyone wants one. JZ Militaria
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Nice pick up James!..

thanks paul and thanks for the link Jerry mine too has some rust bleeding from the staples ,i paid half just over half the price of this one but at 15 pounds its still very reasonable ,cheers james
    Regards James

Great nostalgic ARP Homefront item to own James,you get a real sense of what life and pre-war jitters was really about,very nice item to own and at a very affordable price too,so well done to you Bud............

I love it ! I wish it was in my collection

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem