Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Australia/America Allies Postcard

Article about: This is a Patriotic Postcard i just picked up.Made for U.S. Servicemen as Souvenirs. There is no date on the card but i would say it would be about 1942-43,when the major influx of Yanks arr

Default Australia/America Allies Postcard

This is a Patriotic Postcard i just picked up.Made for U.S. Servicemen as Souvenirs.
    There is no date on the card but i would say it would be about 1942-43,when the major influx of Yanks arrived on their way to the Pacific.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Australia/America Allies Postcard  

Default Re: Australia/America Allies Postcard

Nice use of patriotic 'red white and blue' there Mick. Is the Brisbane
    City Hall still intact and in use.........?
    Regards,

Steve.

Nice one Mick,
    Well done mate a good find hey.
    Cheers
    Dave
    Over dressed,over paid and bloody over here

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Nice use of patriotic 'red white and blue' there Mick. Is the Brisbane
    City Hall still intact and in use.........?
    It has been closed for nearly 2 years now,as it undergoes a complete refurbishment.
    I actually worked on her for nearly a year,doing major Excavation works underneath to add more room and stabilize the foundations.
    It was built in the 20s and 30s and reportably cost around 1 Million Pounds,a good sum for those days.
    It should open again early next year and be returned it to its former glory.
    Cheers Mick

While on the subject of the Brisbane City Hall,
    This is a part of a wall that was uncovered in the basement whilst works were being undertaken.
    It has signatures and graffitti written by the countless numbers of Servicemen that passed through in WW2.Passed being the operative word here,as it was actually the wall over the Urinal in the toilet room of the Red Cross Cafe.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Australia/America Allies Postcard   Australia/America Allies Postcard  

Fantastic Mick, I can actually see several service numbers which should be easy to look up on the national archives. Don't tell the Brisbane city council though or they'll chase the blokes up wanting compensation for damaging council property.