MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Australian 39th Militia AIF recruiting poster and booklet

Article about: Hey guys here is an original WW2 AIF recruitment poster from my collection. It was originally hung on the wall inside the 39th Militia battalions drill hall in Hawthorn and it has also been

AIF
    ?

Default Australian 39th Militia AIF recruiting poster and booklet

Hey guys here is an original WW2 AIF recruitment poster from my collection. It was originally hung on the wall inside the 39th Militia battalions drill hall in Hawthorn and it has also been stamped with the 39th's unit stamp ...This isn't your normal run of the mill recruiting poster but rather one directed at the militia guys to try and coax them into transferring to the AIF.

Cheers Luke
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Australian 39th Militia AIF recruiting poster and booklet   Australian 39th Militia AIF recruiting poster and booklet  

Default Re: Australian 39th Militia AIF recruiting poster and booklet

Very nice Luke, that's the next suburb up from where I live

AIF
    ?

Also to go with it here is an original 3rd Military District (Victoria) Militia recruiting pamphlet. It would date from around 1939, note on the last page the 39th is still linked with the 37th Battalion as the 37/39th Battalion.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Australian 39th Militia AIF recruiting poster and booklet   Australian 39th Militia AIF recruiting poster and booklet  

Australian 39th Militia AIF recruiting poster and booklet   Australian 39th Militia AIF recruiting poster and booklet  

Australian 39th Militia AIF recruiting poster and booklet   Australian 39th Militia AIF recruiting poster and booklet  

Australian 39th Militia AIF recruiting poster and booklet  

very cool items Luke, not many of these around I would think.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

AIF
    ?

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Very nice Luke, that's the next suburb up from where I live
    Thanks mate, It's probably one of my favourite items in my collection and the only piece from the 39th militia I own. During the war these would have hung in all the militia drill halls across the country... This may possibly be the only one that survived the war as I don't know of another one, the AWM doesn't have one in their collection and I have searched and asked a lot of advanced collectors but no one knows of another like it.

4md
    ?

what an awesome poster, the colour is excellent, thats one that would look great framed and hanging on the wall

Well done Luke they are rippers mate and as you say they would be as rare as rocking horse poo.

Very very nice cobber and cheers for posting them as they are most cool.

AIF
    ?

Cheers fella's I thought you might like it! Yeah the poster usually does live in a frame but since I am moving house I thought I would pull it out and take a picture before I packed it away.
    I might even look into getting the poster restored and linen backed as it is a bit fragile and I have the missing piece from the bottom left corner which unfortunately got broken off in the post when I bought it