Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Autographed Portrait photo of Princess Mary, Colonel in Chief of the ATS

Article about: I was very pleased to be able to buy this large framed photo portrait of Princess Mary. She has autographed it. The ink is somewhat faded now. I think she looks very like HM the Queen. Princ

Default Autographed Portrait photo of Princess Mary, Colonel in Chief of the ATS

I was very pleased to be able to buy this large framed photo portrait of Princess Mary.

She has autographed it. The ink is somewhat faded now.

I think she looks very like HM the Queen.

Princess Mary was famous from her gift tins to the troops in 1914.

I have several other pics of the Princess: I will add them to this thread in time.

Cheers, Lez.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Autographed Portrait photo of Princess Mary, Colonel in Chief of the ATS   Autographed Portrait photo of Princess Mary, Colonel in Chief of the ATS  

Autographed Portrait photo of Princess Mary, Colonel in Chief of the ATS   Autographed Portrait photo of Princess Mary, Colonel in Chief of the ATS  

?

Default Re: Autographed Portrait photo of Princess Mary, Colonel in Chief of the ATS

It's a great portrait Lez, the resemblance to HM the Queen is uncanny. Nicely framed too.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Default Re: Autographed Portrait photo of Princess Mary, Colonel in Chief of the ATS

Thanks Adrian.

Here are two more pics of the Princess. These are press proof photos for the Derby Daily Telegraph. (Now long gone)

Cheers, Lez.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Autographed Portrait photo of Princess Mary, Colonel in Chief of the ATS   Autographed Portrait photo of Princess Mary, Colonel in Chief of the ATS  

Another item of mine which features HRH Princess Mary (The Princess Royal)

An ATS greetings card. I have a few of these.

Cheers, Lez.

I thought I would add this link from Pathe News. There is a wealth of goodies on that site.

Here HM the Queen visits the ATS in 1943, Princess Mary can be seen with her:

THE QUEEN VISITS THE A.T.S. - British Pathé

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

jwp
    ?

I have a lovely old postcard which shows princess mary in the uniform of a first world war VAD nurse, she is with her mother, I think this was queen mary of Tek ??, wife of George V, will scan and post later,
    regards,
    John.

jwp
    ?

my card must be fairly common !, here it is from Wikipedia !!Autographed Portrait photo of Princess Mary, Colonel in Chief of the ATS

Hi John, it is indeed Queen Mary she is pictured with.

Cheers, Ade.

PS: Lez says thanks for adding to her thread.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

jwp
    ?

thanks Lez and Ade!,
    all the best,
    John.