Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Camouflage Blinds the Enemy- 1943 U.S. training posters

Article about: Hi everyone, I’ve searched, and didn’t find any posts on this, so I thought I’d share some posters I recently acquired. This is the “Camouflage Blinds the Enemy” series of U.S. posters. The

bdc
    ?

Default Camouflage Blinds the Enemy- 1943 U.S. training posters

Hi everyone, I’ve searched, and didn’t find any posts on this, so I thought I’d share some posters I recently acquired. This is the “Camouflage Blinds the Enemy” series of U.S. posters. The posters were printed in 1943 and are 20 x 13&1/2 inches. I was lucky enough to obtain eleven of the twelve posters from series 1. I also have the original envelope they came in, which for me, is the best part. The posters have been stored in the dark for most of their existence, and the colors are as rich and bright as the day they were printed. There is some damage, the paper is extremely thin, but overall they’re pretty nice for their age. I really like these posters, but I don’t know that they will appeal to anyone else so I’ll just post a few. If people are interested, and would like to see more, I’d be happy to post the rest.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Camouflage Blinds the Enemy- 1943 U.S. training posters   Camouflage Blinds the Enemy- 1943 U.S. training posters  

Camouflage Blinds the Enemy- 1943 U.S. training posters   Camouflage Blinds the Enemy- 1943 U.S. training posters  

Camouflage Blinds the Enemy- 1943 U.S. training posters   Camouflage Blinds the Enemy- 1943 U.S. training posters  

Default Re: Camouflage Blinds the Enemy- 1943 U.S. training posters

I like them !

Easy to see they are period pieces from the style of artwork !
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Welcome to the forum!
    These posters are great, I for one would love to see the others in the series.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

bdc
    ?

I'm happy to hear these posters are liked. Here's the rest of them, maybe someone will post the missing one.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Camouflage Blinds the Enemy- 1943 U.S. training posters   Camouflage Blinds the Enemy- 1943 U.S. training posters  

Welcome to the forum!

These are really great. Never seen any of them before.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Thanks for posting the others, I've really enjoyed looking at these. They would look great framed under UV protective glass.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

bdc
    ?

Thank you all for responding to my post. With the wealth of knowledge and experience here, it’s fun to think I might have something that people haven’t seen before. I do intend to frame these very soon.

classic steve
    ?

Yes, i believe we have the complete set of 12. My father in law had them stored in a large cardboard tube in the back of a closet. We have had them professionally framed with UV glass protection. All are in excellent condition. The posters are proudly displayed on the wall of my man cave. Also have some others that I will be posting and looking for information. Some of the Sarge series.
    Glad to find someone else who appreciates some of these rare items. If you know which one you are missing? I will gladly post it.
    Any idea where to find more information on this collection?
    thanks, Steve

bdc
    ?

Wow, that’s great Classic Steve, I would love it if you would look my posters over and post a pic of the missing one. As for information, I have to admit all mine came from the envelope. I did a lot of internet searching, but to no avail. I’m really looking forward to seeing your Sarge posters.