Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Can you tell me if this ID number is from ww2

Article about: This ID number is carved into my m1 helmet liner. The number is : 12151865, right above it, it says herbert , can't make out last name, so if it is possible, can you tell me if this is a ww2

Default Can you tell me if this ID number is from ww2

This ID number is carved into my m1 helmet liner. The number is : 12151865, right above it, it says herbert , can't make out last name, so if it is possible, can you tell me if this is a ww2 ID or postwar.

Default Re: Can you tell me if this ID number is from ww2

Dom, try this link....

NARA - AAD - Main Page

Quote by MySonsDad View Post
    Dom, try this link....

NARA - AAD - Main Page
    Thank you so much, I found out a lot abou him. His full name was Herbert cuevas, he enliste in the us army in 1942, he enlisted in New york, he was born in 1924, which would make him 88 now. I'm woundering if he is still alive. I would like to call him and tell him that I have his helmet. Any ideas on how to get his number ? I appreciate your help so much thank you

Try googling his name, lots of time, if they have passed, their name will shop on an obituary or graveyard roster. I found a WWII POW this way from a name and serial number off of a Dufflebag we picked up in a big lot of militaria. I have been in touch with the nephew of the the POW and have rec'ved quite a bit of history on a quite incredible man, as well as some copies of newpaper clippings that first listed him as MIA then revised to POW. All it takes is a little time and perservieriance.