Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

CHURCHILL Photographs

Article about: Hello gents, I was wondering if any of you documents and photograph experts could help me out on these three photographs of Winston Churchill. My question is are they period original "s

Default CHURCHILL Photographs

Hello gents, I was wondering if any of you documents and photograph experts could help me out on these three photographs of Winston Churchill. My question is are they period original "snaps" or later mass produced "hand outs" to the troops? There are no printers/studio makers marks on the reverse at all. They came in amongst a group of medals, maps and North African newspapers that belonged to what looks like a signals officer. Your thoughts are most appreciated, thanks in advance, Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture CHURCHILL Photographs   CHURCHILL Photographs  

CHURCHILL Photographs   CHURCHILL Photographs  

CHURCHILL Photographs   CHURCHILL Photographs  

Leon, they look unposed enough to be original private photos, cool to have them.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Leon, they look unposed enough to be original private photos, cool to have them.
    Hi Jerry, now that you mention the " un-posed" aspect of them, I guess they could be nice private snaps. I think they would have made better images for mass production! Thanks, Leon.